Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #1

Mounting 42 Inch TV - 2012 32BHDS

Hello all! I know I saw some TV mounting stuff around but does anyone know the exact weight the living room wall will hold? I’m thinking of putting my old 42in flat screen there but I don’t know if it will be to heavy? Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #2

I phoned Jayco a couple days ago to get all the specs on that wall. Found out the wall is not rated to handle ANY TV. I considered calling a second time to get a second opinion as I was sure I'd seen pics of TVs on that wall, but never got around to it.

For now, I plan on placing the TV on the shelf that sits there, not hung from the wall.
Lurker! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #3

Really?? The dealer put a 26 inch TV on the wall already. I wanted to move that to the bedroom and put the big one in the living room. I mean worse comes to worse i can use the shelf but i wanted to be able to swivel the tv towards the couch. Maybe someone made a good mod they can share?!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcatone View Post
Really?? The dealer put a 26 inch TV on the wall already. I wanted to move that to the bedroom and put the big one in the living room. I mean worse comes to worse i can use the shelf but i wanted to be able to swivel the tv towards the couch. Maybe someone made a good mod they can share?!
Mine came from Jayco with the mounting arm arleady on the wall, the dealer put the 27" RCA TV on it. They said if I decided to put that TV in the bedroom, I could put a bigger TV in the living room but it had to go on the shelf, as the TV that came with it was as much as the wall was rated for. If I went to a bigger one I would mount it to the wall and have it sitting on the shelf on a base at the same time to be safe, but the shelf is solid.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote