Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #1

Mounting a tv in the bedroom of a 2014 26BH

We want to mount a tv in the front bedroom of our Jay flight 26BH. When we used the stud finder to find the studs for mounting it appears the finder locates them not where the mount here sticker is located. Has anyone noticed this? We do not want to go ahead until we are sure.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #2

I put a flat screen and bracket in my front bedroom of my 2013 eagle 334rbts. I didn't use a stud finder. I just looked at the sticker where it says to drill. Then I started knocking on the wall with my knuckles. I ended up installing the bracket 6 inches below the sticker. Felt good there when I knocked on it. Hung a 26 inch flat screen. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them.
Swingrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #3

Mounting a tv in the bedroom of a 2014 26BH

Yup I hung a bracket in the bedroom of my 2013 267 bhs and the sticker was off about 3 inches from where the bracket is.
mikeauto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #4

Our sticker was over the stud. But we have the BHS and the "L" shaped kitchen is on the other side of the bedroom wall. The kitchen cabinets are all along that wall so our stud finder was beeping all over the place. We had many options
Old 07-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #5

Thanks for all the help. We were able to find the mount location by pushing against the wall. We were then able to hang our mount. I purchase this mount because it can lock in place while being towed. I sure hope it stays put. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-mount/51564
Old 04-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #6

Just picked up our 265RLSW and wish I had joined and read this post sooner. I trusted the sticker on the bedroom wall for where to mount the TV bracket only to learn it was wrong. Spent a long time trying to figure out what was wrong. I finally did a web search and found that it's not uncommon for the "mount tv bracket here" sticker to be in the wrong place. Mine was about 3" too high on the wall. I now have multiple small "search" holes in the wall, fortunately they are behind the mounting bracket, mostly. If they are going to put a sticker on the wall with specific instructions they should put it in the right place.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #7

X 2 Our backer block was no where near the sticker !
krcarter54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcarter54 View Post
X 2 Our backer block was no where near the sticker !
x2 I used a stud finder to locate the backer and the smallest drill bit I had to verify its location.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:00 AM   #9

In my 26BH, I screwed the television bracket into the kitchen cabinet framework on the opposite side of the wall. It's positioned higher than the phantom inside-the-wall mounting plate, but I know for sure it's solidly mounted. It's held a television in place on the road for thousands of miles of travel.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 AM   #10

I pulled the coax plate off the wall and had a peek around in the cavity with a flashlight and mirror on both of my Jayco's before mounting the BR tv. In both cases, I was able to slide a tape measure into the cavity to get an exact measure from the edge of the coax plate hole to the backer plate / stud mount location.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:04 AM   #11

I did not even have a mount sticker and glad it didn't cause I may have trusted it. I used the stud finder and marked locations about 20 times to be sure. Then I used the knuckle approach followed by the wall push approach, Finally, I felt confident that I could hit that small stud, drilled pilot holes and attached the bedroom tv mount. Hit it perfectly...can just about hang on it but I still take the tv off and set it on the bed when we travel.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote