Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #1

Mounting TV in 24 FBS

We pick up our new 24FBS tomorrow and I purchased a Mor/Ryde wall tv mount to put a 32 inch tv in the entertainment center since the trailer was not ordered with a tv. I called Jayco for some specifics about mounting the brackets and what I was screwing into. I was very surprised to be told that I should not put a bracket on the back wall of the entertainment center but to buy a base mount and mount it from the bottom. I called my dealer and asked them about this. They insist there is a "backer" board for me to wall mount my tv in the entertainment center, but I do need to be careful about not using too long of a screw since the shower is on the other side of the way. I am wondering if I should try to return the tv mount I purchased to Amazon and buy the base model instead. Has anyone mounted a tv in the 24FBS that could give me some advice as to how you did it? I would appreciate any help!
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
We pick up our new 24FBS tomorrow and I purchased a Mor/Ryde wall tv mount to put a 32 inch tv in the entertainment center since the trailer was not ordered with a tv. I called Jayco for some specifics about mounting the brackets and what I was screwing into. I was very surprised to be told that I should not put a bracket on the back wall of the entertainment center but to buy a base mount and mount it from the bottom. I called my dealer and asked them about this. They insist there is a "backer" board for me to wall mount my tv in the entertainment center, but I do need to be careful about not using too long of a screw since the shower is on the other side of the way. I am wondering if I should try to return the tv mount I purchased to Amazon and buy the base model instead. Has anyone mounted a tv in the 24FBS that could give me some advice as to how you did it? I would appreciate any help!
We also have a 24 FBS. I just ordered a wall mount from my dealer for the size TV you have. I centered the mount in the entertainment center and used #10 x 3/4" long pan head wood screws. Done!! Yes there is a backer there.

Now the wall in the bedroom didn't have a backer in mine where the sticker is. We decided not to put a TV in there anyway.
Use the mount you got on Amazon, it'll be fine. If you need a picture of the one we have let me know and I'll forward it to you.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:13 AM   #3

Thanks so much! Did you have a sticker in your entertainment center that said "mount tv here"? I don't have one...although I do have one in the bedroom. We are going to try to mount the 32"tv though with the mount we bought...hopefully it will be fine. Thanks for telling me the size screws...that's very helpful!
As far as the bedroom, Jayco told me there is a board mounted 6" from the wall and it's 14"x 14". They told me they don't recommend I mount anything larger than 26". I plan on mounting a 24" tv/dvd combo.
Thanks again for your help!
Old 09-12-2015, 05:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
Thanks so much! Did you have a sticker in your entertainment center that said "mount tv here"? I don't have one...although I do have one in the bedroom. We are going to try to mount the 32"tv though with the mount we bought...hopefully it will be fine. Thanks for telling me the size screws...that's very helpful!
As far as the bedroom, Jayco told me there is a board mounted 6" from the wall and it's 14"x 14". They told me they don't recommend I mount anything larger than 26". I plan on mounting a 24" tv/dvd combo.
Thanks again for your help!
No we didn't have a sticker in our entertainment center as well. Yeah the bedroom one on ours was missing the backer. After I missed it twice, I got the stud finder out and nothing was there.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #5

As an FYI on the Mor/Ryde mounts from Amazon - please do search other threads on this forum to make sure you 'size' and install the mount correctly. There are great postings (and pictures) on "how to do it".

We have a 32" 12-volt Jensen that is mounted in our rotating (living-room/master) Entertainment Center. We first purchased the lighter articulated arm mount but found that although our TV was under the weight limit, after the first trip it began to sag. We updated to the heavier one and have had no problems since.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #6

We picked up our trailer yesterday. After looking at the entertainment center, I am concerned about mounting to the back of it. The black board feels flimsy and I have not idea what is behind it! I bought the swivel mount and that concerns me even more...since I have no idea what I am mounting to. Has anyone mounted a base mount in their entertainment center? Even though I really wanted to swivel the tv so 4 people sitting at the dinette could see it, I am wondering if I need to mount a permanent mount just for stability. Has anyone else had this same experience when having to mount their own tv? I don't just want to set the tv there and move it to the bed each time we move. Any suggestions are appreciated!! I was even wondering if I could "glue and screw" a mounting board to the black board on the back of the e.c. and then mount to it. Would that work? Please help!
Old 09-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #7

Yes, we mounted the articulating arm in the entertainment center in lieu of what the vendor provided, as have many others. Please search this forum for various threads such as these:

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:41 AM   #8

DeeBee- We have a 2014 24FBS and the TV was mounted on the wall inside the entertainment center. 2 summers of RVing and no problems with the wall mount, but it may be a different wall set up than yours.
We had no BR wall sticker as to where to mount the TV so I got out the trusty stud finder. Located the 14x14 backer board and the studs. Used #10 3/4" bolts like Camping Couple did and then decided to go into the studs. Got a good sturdy mount and the 19" DVD/TV likes the swivel. I always take the BR TV off before I travel and put it on the bed. Enjoy your new TT, welcome to the Forum, and...
Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote