Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #1

My full time 2011 Eagle 298 RES dual living room slide ....

I am two months in living in this thing, traveling the country with my boxer pup Mugsy Bogues, and I love it. It's not much of a "Super Lite" fully loaded at 9,000+ pounds, but the Super Duty diesel is more truck than I need and I love it that way. IMHO, ALWAYS have more tow vehicle than you need. I have tried to get by previously with overloaded rigs and it's just frightening. I'll be blowing by semi's up steep grades with cruise control set to 60mph and she doesn't even blink.

Mods:

- Winegard MiniMax automatic satellite dish. DirecTV full sports package, NBA package, NFL package. Wired in to the surround sound system under AUX 2 so I can set up my outdoor flat panel TV and have the audio routed to the outside speakers.

- Rerouted A/C drain hose to outside (thanks to the old feller in Roseburg, OR who told me about the drainwater accumulation and possible leakage into the frame).

- Frame welded gun safe installed.

- Dual rocker swivel chairs tossed & replaced with Lane Bulldog XXL recliner (I am 6'6"). Ahhhhhhhh.

Surely, much more to come!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jayco 1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	8483

Name:	jayco 2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	8484

Name:	jayco 3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	8485

Name:	jayco 4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	8486

Name:	jayco 5.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	8487

Name:	jayco 6.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	8488

Name:	jayco 7.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	8489

Name:	jayco 8.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	8490

Name:	jayco 9.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	8491
Nanoscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #2

very nice! Love the dog pic!! I was wondering about the gun safe...was going to ask ya where you put it but then I thought you prob wouldn't want to answer that...lol...I have thought about putting one in ours as well...

2012 Jayco 29rlds

Bailey our yellow lab
Seasonal siter in Tawas Mi
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
Site Team

Looks like fun! Welcome to JOF.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoscale View Post
- Rerouted A/C drain hose to outside (thanks to the old feller in Roseburg, OR who told me about the drainwater accumulation and possible leakage into the frame).
Great pics, nice rig. We have the sibling to yours, same basic design, later model. What is this mod about?

Thanks,

Mike
Current TV: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison

mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #5

Mikefos, well, to be honest, not sure if it's the A/C or fridge condensation runoff, for some reason I have it stuck in my head that it's the A/C even though it's in the fridgeside access compartment. I might have had a cocktail when he explained it to me. But as you'll see it (white tube into black tray) drains into a silly little plastic tray that I am told will either overflow or spill upon driving, and the subframe is right there. If you soak that long enough it'll drip down into the floor and rot it out, says a rather knowledgeable old fella I met with the 5th wheel version. I can actually see water dripping out of it in the rear view mirror when I am driving along so I figure, better safe than sorry!

Name:	fridge 2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	8497

Name:	fridge1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	8498
Old 06-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #6

Huskerdu, Ha! Well while I won't tell you exactly where, I ordered some 2" round steel tubing from mcmaster, drilled 2-1/4" holes thru the floorboards after determining that there's no crucial componentry in the way, welded posts up through the floor into the rig itself, then welded the safe to the posts inside the cabin. I sealed the wood in the holes first, then crammed 2 O-rings each into the gap between the hole and the posts, and then sealed the whole shebang with a lot of sealant. I figure that O-rings give it some cabin-to-frame freedom, and will make up for any thermal expansion coefficient differential between wood and steel, and the sealant will do the rest. So far so good!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoscale View Post
Mikefos, well, to be honest, not sure if it's the A/C or fridge condensation runoff, for some reason I have it stuck in my head that it's the A/C even though it's in the fridgeside access compartment. I might have had a cocktail when he explained it to me. But as you'll see it (white tube into black tray) drains into a silly little plastic tray that I am told will either overflow or spill upon driving, and the subframe is right there. If you soak that long enough it'll drip down into the floor and rot it out, says a rather knowledgeable old fella I met with the 5th wheel version. I can actually see water dripping out of it in the rear view mirror when I am driving along so I figure, better safe than sorry!

Attachment 8497

Attachment 8498
That looks like a fridge drain of some sort. I will pull my cover and check it out.

Thanks,

Mike
Current TV: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison

mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote