Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #1

mysterious leak

Can you share your thought on where does this leak might be coming from ?
This is coming just from behind the tire of of jayflight 154BH

My family member is having a bath, and grey tank indicator was indeed in full position.
However there is no spillage inside the bathroom, other wise my family member would have notified me, and we would have seen wet floor. We didn't see wet floor at all. So where is this leak comes from ?
pawntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #2

Can't play the video as it's marked as "Private". I had a small leak that dripped on the outside of the left wheel well behind the tire that was related to a cracked piece of tubing connected to the hot water tank. Only leaked when the hot water tank was lit and hot. Dealer fixed under warranty.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #3

Give it a try again ttavasc, I just make the video public. From the location, it sounds like your issue is the same with mine. However, I can not replicate this issue again, since I now just leave the grey tank valve open when some one take a shower.
If this problem is the same with yours , I would think that it does not matter of the grey tank valve is opened or not, the leak would still happen right ?
By the way , in your case, does the leak cause rot on the wooden structure ?
Old 10-02-2015, 11:29 PM   #4

Yep - that looks exactly like what mine was doing - same spot on the back side of the wheel well. The only time I noticed it doing that was when I lit the hot water tank - it would usually start about 10 minutes or so after being lit and would drip regardless of whether water was running in the trailer or being drained into the grey tank. At some point after the water was up to temp and the tank was back to just the pilot light the drip would slow/stop. Mine was one of the lines running to/from the hot water tank that had some small fractures in it that only leaked under the higher pressure present when the tank was heating. The dealer replaced about a 6" section of line and that fixed the problem. If it's still under warranty I would get it in to the dealer as soon as possible to minimize any long-term damage.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #5

Do you think the leak travel on the path that touch the wooden structure ?
If it does , I want the dealer to check on the wood, and inspect for wood damage.
I really can not see the wooden structure inside, without tearing things apart
Old 10-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #6

Since mine was under warranty I took it to the dealer as soon as I noticed the issue. The Baja edition has a fully enclosed underbelly and I never did see where the actual source of the leak was so I don't know if it was above or below the floor decking. To be safe I'd have it checked out by the dealer as soon as possible.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:36 AM   #7

Made an appointment with dealer already. Thanks for your tips ttavasc. I'll be curious to see if my problem is the same as yours