Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #1

Need opinions on water leak please.

Hello everyone.. first outing this weekend since we bought our 2016 24rbs.. after setting up we went outside for a campfire. About an hour later I went inside to find water all over the inside leaking from under the sink all under the couch and bed as well. I traced it to a faulty shutoff valve. My concern is the dealer is going to put a new valve and call it fixed. I think new cabinets are in order as they were submersed in 1/4 on water. What's everyone's opinions? Am I being unreasonable? I have not talked to the dealer yet but will first thing in the morning. I took pics and videos of the water spraying out and the water under the cabinets etc. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
doo800XRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo800XRS View Post
I took pics and videos of the water spraying out and the water under the cabinets etc. Thank you.
Can you post the pics?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

Quote:
. I think new cabinets are in order as they were submersed in 1/4 on water. What's everyone's opinions? Am I being unreasonable? I have not talked to the dealer yet but will first thing in the morning. I took pics and videos of the water spraying out and the water under the cabinets etc. Thank you.

Not sure of what you are saying here.
Were the cabinets immersed in 1/4 inch of water?
Or were 1/4 of the height of the cabinets immersed in water?
Or were 1/4 of your cabinets immersed (in an unspecified depth) of water?

If you had 1/4 inch of water on your cabinets, I pretty much doubt that your dealer will be willing to replace cabinets. I hope that you shut off the water and tried to dry things out as quickly as possible. Have your cabinets lost their veneer? Has the MDF (medium density fiberboard) started to expand?
What about the floor? All of these will factor into what actually needs to be replaced/fixed and whether your dealer will do so
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

I can post pics after I get home. The water under the sink was a 1/4 deep and yes the veneer is peeling.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:47 AM   #5

Wow, first trip? Did dealer do walk thru with you, setting everything up to show how it works, etc? My dealer hooked up everything to show me how, if yours did, it would have shown leak at that time. If not, I would request another trailer, flooring, cabinet, etc will be water damaged

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
:USA::USA:
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #6

If the cabinets are damaged I would angle for them being replaced. Keep an eye on trim molding as well. The MDF seems real sensitive to moisture and it may take a day or two for it to "pop". Jayco has been very cooperative doing the few repairs we've needed.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Grandpa View Post
Wow, first trip? Did dealer do walk thru with you, setting everything up to show how it works, etc? My dealer hooked up everything to show me how, if yours did, it would have shown leak at that time. If not, I would request another trailer, flooring, cabinet, etc will be water damaged
Yes first trip. The dealer did do a walk through when we picked it up but being late winter they said the lines had antifreeze in them. I took it home and put it in a storage facility until it warmed up but when I flushed the lines I saw no traces of antifreeze. I filled the tanks, bled the air and all seemed fine..I then drained the tanks until getting to our site where I filled and found the leak about an hour later. Its a pinhole sized leak that is concealed so it took a bit to surface.

Shutting the valve off did no good as Crack is in the valve body itself so we drained the tank and dried out best we could. My wife took pics as I tried to contain the leak.

I'm waiting to hear back from service dept as to when they can look at it.
Quote:
Hello everyone.. first outing this weekend since we bought our 2016 24rbs.. after setting up we went outside for a campfire. About an hour later I went inside to find water all over the inside leaking from under the sink all under the couch and bed as well. I traced it to a faulty shutoff valve. My concern is the dealer is going to put a new valve and call it fixed. I think new cabinets are in order as they were submersed in 1/4 on water. What's everyone's opinions? Am I being unreasonable? I have not talked to the dealer yet but will first thing in the morning. I took pics and videos of the water spraying out and the water under the cabinets etc. Thank you.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #8

I would recommend getting a dehumidifier and run it for at least a week!
It does sound to me that you have a case to get the cabinets replaced.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote