Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #1

New 2013 Jayflight 25RKS - Anything Specific to Watch for on PDI?

Hi Everyone,

I will be picking up my new 2013 Jayflight 25rks on Saturday and have already put together a basic list of things to review and check on my PDI but just wanted to ask if there are any of you who have had specific issues that I should watch for. I am searching the forums for any ideas but wanted to ask if there were any of you who might have experience with this model who would like to chime in with any feedback.

Thanks in advance to any of you who can help. I will report back with any interesting results.

Terry
On the edge between Far West TX & Eastern NM
Traver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #2

What is a PDI?

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #3

New 2013 Jayflight 25RKS - Anything Specific to Watch for on PDI?

Pre-delivery inspection

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #4

I've always went front to back, top to bottom and looked at everything, to include the roof, underneath, and outside walls for scratches, scuffs, etc. Make sure everything works - heat, AC, water, etc. Check all drawers, doors, etc. Look along the inside walls at the top and along the ceiling for leaks. Check the appliances, tv, radio, etc. Stabilizing jacks and rogue jacks too. Don't let them rush you or tell you they already checked. This is also a great time to make sure you know how everything works.

Two key words - be thorough.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #5

make sure you know where all the low point drains are....
Have fun!
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
I've always went front to back, top to bottom and looked at everything, to include the roof, underneath, and outside walls for scratches, scuffs, etc. Make sure everything works - heat, AC, water, etc. Check all drawers, doors, etc. Look along the inside walls at the top and along the ceiling for leaks. Check the appliances, tv, radio, etc. Stabilizing jacks and rogue jacks too. Don't let them rush you or tell you they already checked. This is also a great time to make sure you know how everything works.

Two key words - be thorough.
X2,

The only issue we had once we got home was with the stereo and how to make it work with an ipod.

My recommendation is make them go over every inch of the TT, both inside and outside. Ask a million questions, including maintenance items like how to change a tire. Make sure they show you where the bypass valves are for the water heater, and explain how to winterize your TT.

My dealer had a very good routine in how they did the PID. It was very easy to tell. They started at the tongue of the TT, worked their way down the street side of the TT and around back and up the other side. Discussing everything and opened every compartment, even discussed how to drain the sewer system. Once completed with the outside they then moved to the inside. They had us together open and close every door, hatch, turn the knobs, etc. They explained how to properly use the propane system (light the stove first always). There was nothing they left untouched. My guess our PID took at least an hour if not more.

This is a good time to make sure everything works, so try everything! We found our outside speakers did not work, after maintenance tried to fix the issue they replaced the stereo, before we left the shop.

Again ask a million questions, even what you might consider dumb questions as this is the easiest time to ask. When you are all done, come post on the board anything you might want to know more about.

Happy Camping!

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #7

I can offer experience from my side of the business....
check the slides and and ensure they go out/in properly and do not catch on anything. The last unit I delivered (not a Jayco) the door lock mechanism on the bunk house door was not properly installed. This kept the door from latching completely and left the door knob sticking out and catching on the slide. The slide came to a stop and there was a moment of panic by the dealer when the door started to make creaking noises and sound like it was about to be ripped of the hinges.
Make sure they show you where the spare tire (if equipped) is. Manufacturers are hiding them everywhere from bumper to bumper nowadays.
232,500 kms in 2013
200,000 kms in 2014
160,000 kms in 2015
greenenvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote