Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #1

New 2016 Jay Flight 1 month overall impressions

So it's been one month since our seasonal CG opened on 5/15 and we started using our new Jay Flight 38FDDS which was delivered to the sight on 4/21. I think we've spent a total of 8 or 9 nights there so far. This has given me some time to better go through things and learn most of the ins and outs of our new trailer. I'm a novice at this trailering thing and still have a lot to learn.

So far I've been very happy with the new rig. We have found a few issues that are being addressed by Jayco and our selling dealer. Here's a list of issues we've run into. All minor in my opinion.

1) Noticed a manufacturing defect in the awning material. Appears to be a couple of small cracks in the vinyl. New fabric on order, will be replaced under warranty
2) Furrion system spits out CD/DVD's. New Furrion system on order, will be replaced under warranty
3) USB ports under kitchen sink not working. Will be replaced under warranty
4) Outside shower plumbed backward. Hot is cold, cold is hot. Will be fixed under warranty.

That's it. The fit and finish is very good and have seen no issues there. Over the last month we've had some cold nights and some pretty hot days, so we've also had the opportunity to test most all the systems including heat, AC, stove, hot water, residential fridge, ice maker, black flush, etc. All work flawlessly. No leaks whatsoever anywhere in the unit. The trailer has been on city water since day 1 so I haven't had the need or opportunity to use the water pump, but I'll need to check it as it'll be used for winterization later in the year.

When all the required parts on order arrive, my dealer will be making a special trip to my seasonal site to address all the above.

Other than those, IMO, minor issues, our new trailer has been great! My dealer has been outstanding in communicating with me regarding the issues.

I'm interested in hearing other folks experiences with their new rigs this year!
Old 06-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #2

We just had our first trip with our Jay Feather 19bh and it was great. We got rained on a lot and thus far no leaks in or out. It was cold and my wife probably burned a lot of propane staying in with our new born! I feel like we had a great test trip. The only thing I might have them replace is a stabilizer jack that has a bent rod (the one that is threaded) so it wiggles as you move it up and down. Other than that I haven't found anything that was wrong. I did add more caulking to the bathroom though but that's my choice.
foxrider68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:41 AM   #3

If you have electricity at campsite a portable "small" electric heater really warms up TT w/o wasting any propane. We've been doing this as far back as the 1980s first in tents then popups, now our past and present TT.

Larry J
2015 SLX 264BHW
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #4

well we started April 22 and came home June 6. Now outbound again nearer to home for four days.

I don't know how to load a map on a sig line and color it.. AZ,NM,UT,TX, OK, KY, WV, MO, AR. MD,PA, NJ,NY,CT, MA, NH, ME, TN, OH

Only warranty issues were the monitor panel was wackadoo and not quite installed properly and the table leg broke.. ( I think that was on the road to Chaco Canyon..many miles of washboarded dirt road so we should not be surprised the pin on the leg broke)

Had rain, wind, dust, sun etc. Too close to a tornado and hail.. No leaks.. Went through some flooded Western towns.. thought we ought to have some floor leaks.. nope.

Our dealer fixed our warranty issues in one day. Right in and out.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
I don't know how to load a map on a sig line and color it.. AZ,NM,UT,TX, OK, KY, WV, MO, AR. MD,PA, NJ,NY,CT, MA, NH, ME, TN, OH
1) Go here to create an image and download it: Visited States Map by epgSoft
2) Then go to 'Signature Picture' and upload it: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/pr...=editsignature
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #6

thank you very much! Hubby does not want a map on our TT but didn't say anything about a sig line!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote