Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2016, 09:21 AM   #1

NEW 2016 Jayco FQSW

Hello. Just bought a new Jayfeather FQSW. It is alot like my old 2010 Jayfeather 226 sport,however,the FQSW has a slide.The slide made a world of differance.Perhaps its a newer design ,and,there is little I can find about this rig.So,I want to share a few points. First,should anyone need to know the location of the slide motor,its under the sofa.Gain access via first removal of the dummy buttons from the front access panel,simply pry them off.They are held just like the snap on a canvas cover.and pull the screw from the button holder,THIS IS NOT WHAT HOLDS THE ACCESS PANEL IN PLACE.Behind the dummy buttons and the holder ,you will find a slight hole in the fabric.That hole gives access to the actual fastening screws of the access panel.I have NOT tried manually operating the motor assy.I just wanted to know where it was ,AND HOW TO ACCESS it when the poop hits the fan.Next,I found the storage compartments under the dining seats to be under utilized.There is a vast amt.of storage lost between comparing my old unit and new.I spent a day,doing some MINOR alterations,which will not affect the unit in anyway , yet gave me a tremendous amt.of storage space.Just a little imagination,and some cheap lumber (which I had lying around.My next mission,is to try and utilize the space under the sofa ,of which there is plenty.I cannot for the life of me understand why Jayco,a great long time manufacturer of camping units would send these coaches out ,disregarding the precious storage potential.Finally,I have NOT yet received an answer from my dealer,but,I notice ,the wheels ,mostly the rear set,do NOT sit center of the fender housing?? I'm told the other units on the lot do the same(I called on phone)and its likely due to the center of gravity on these units,OR,possibly the upgraded suspension system? I'm looking forward to touring the good ol USA ,as I did with my previous Jayfeather,and hope I answered some questions that may come up about this unit in the future.I welcome ANY additional info.that can be shared about this unit.Thanks,Mike
mikesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #2

Yes, I think removing the easy access doors in the dinette seats was a big mistake on Jayco's part. But Jayco is not alone on doing so. At the RV show last month I saw many brands that are doing the same thing ( getting cheap). I use mine many times every day, one side pots and pans other side for trash.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 03-04-2016, 08:37 PM   #3

We have a 2015 FQSW which is our first TT. We've not found much specifics on this rig either so looking to any experience you can apply to your new rig and share.

Michael & Robin
BruIre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #4

I'm a complete newbie and we just bought a 2015 very lightly used FQSW. It's currently in storage until the summer. What is the OEM tire size & make? I'm wondering what kind of mileage I can expect? I hear 2017 & up are Goodyear.
wbluebombers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #5

Part of the adventure is learning thing about your trailer that aren't discussed during the walk through. Enjoy the journey and your new home on wheels.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #6

Thank you! We have picked up our TT from storage and have towed it to a seasonal site last weekend. It towed very easily behind my 2008 F150 XLT 4x4 crew cab 5.4 Triton. I have a 10000 lbs Fastway WDH that left it very stable in the wind & up & down hills. So far so good.
wbluebombers is offline   Reply With Quote