Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #1

New 27RLS is HOME!!! Pump question.

Well we replaced our ever dependable 2003 23b with a 2016 27RLS. Man, what a difference in size. Someone is gonna get a great used camper, as it was still in excellent shape. Have to admit that we were a little disappointed at delivery, as it was apparent that our salesman did not go thru the unit prior to our inspection, and was embarrassed at some of the issues we found. Overall though we were pretty happy with the camper. One issue I have noticed is that I can't get all the air out of the water system, and the pumps capacity seems to be lacking. I have the elite package, which has 2 water tanks cross connected. has anyone had this issue, or have any suggestions? Thanks, love this site.
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #2

Sounds like a water pickup line is sucking air. Could be a warranty issue?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #3

While troubleshooting the issue with air in the water system, I crawled underneath the camper to look for a smoking gun. Our camper has the "thermal package" and I couldn't believe how poorly that was installed. Half the zip screws weren't attached to anything, and the seam tape where two pieces were joined had failed. I pushed up where the material was sagging and out came a bunch of water through a weep hole. Found that one of the connections cross connecting the two tanks was loose and leaking, as well as the insulation being soaked. I am really regretting getting this thermal package. Still haven't determined the source of air. I may pull down all of the bottom panel and insulation, and see what other surprises there are.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #4

Well I finally determined the source of air on the pump suction, even though dealer said everything was fine. It ended up being the winterization valve leaking air to the pump. clamped off the tygon, and walla, no more air intrusion, and the pump shuts off immediately after shutting a faucet.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #5

Just saw this thread, glad you found the issue. I would have said its probably a loose connection before the pump. Hope you enjoy your unit.
Cumming, Georgia
Go Dawgs!
Amosmoses33 is offline   Reply With Quote