Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #21

I had a new Ecoboost over last weekend and, while it's a nice truck, it's just not a 250.

BTW, being roughly 700 pounds lighter than previously, that rear end was all over the place on our rough road. I've had three pickups and know they are light in the rear when unloaded, but this was the worst experience I've had. I'm wondering if this might even be a problem for city drivers when the snows fly?

It seems I once heard it jokingly said of Edsels that they were built with several hundred fewer parts than Fords and that their owners wanted them back! Before purchasing this new Ford I'd sure want those 700# back!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houghtjr View Post
Thank you for everyone's input. We have decided that the F250 is the way to go for us. I am over my concern of using it as a daily driver and as mentioned too much truck is better than too much trailer. Now the only decision is whether or not we can hold out for the 2017 250. My dealer says he thinks it will actually be available end of Q1, early Q2. Someone mentioned to look at other trucks and I have. The main issue is I have 4 kids and both GM and Dodge middle front seats have only lap belts. GM does not even lock the middle seat back. So for safety reasons that leaves only the Ford as there middle section locks and has a full seat belt with shoulder strap. Thanks again and happy camping!
I would hold out for the '17 as it will finally have a boxed frame. One of the reasons I got rid of my 02 F350 was because the frame flex was horrible. I hated towing and carrying heavy loads with it. The new frame will be light years ahead of the old one.

Tags
jay flight 32bhds, new f150