Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarv29BHS View Post
My 2011 29bhs has a,b and c. A is one speaker in the main living area towards the front. B is one speaker towards the back of the living area. C is the outside speakers. Not sure if that helps you at all
That is how my 2009 32 BHDS is as well.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #22

I have the 2010 G2 and love it as well. before you go be sure to read through some of the posts on this site such as losing 1/3 of your water from the over fill lines and be sure to be carefull of your rear stabilizer jacks if they are mounted under the attached bike rack as they may hit the ground on unlevel terrain... Not trying to scare you but want your first voyage to be trouble free as possible.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarv29BHS View Post
My 2011 29bhs has a,b and c. A is one speaker in the main living area towards the front. B is one speaker towards the back of the living area. C is the outside speakers. Not sure if that helps you at all

This is the way my speakers also work on my 2010 32BHDS.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #24

I have the 2011 32BHDS and there is only two speakers inside (above the entertainment center which run off of A). Outside speakers are C. B is connected. Surprised they didnt put speakers in the backroom or front bedroom for B, but not a big deal to me....
heppdj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #25

First trip was awesome! So nice camping in comfort and style. Excursion pulled great. It is a big & heavy trailer, but it tracked great. I am glad I went to 4.56 gears. There are a few hills between Phoenix and Flagstaff that pulled me down to 50mph or so. Air bags are next and she'll be all set.

The outdoor kitchen got tons of compliments. It is so nice having the fridge, sink and counter outside. With that and the door leading right into the bathroom, you can really live outside.

We watched a baseball game by turning the TV so you could see it through the screen door and put the sound on the outside speakers. Daddy was in hog heaven! The whole family had a great time!
joe_n_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #26

joe.n.az,

Is your TV on some kind of swivel arm? Or did you turn the whole wood frame halfway?

Our seems to be on a stationary mount inside the wood box. The box swivels around for living room or bedroom. But the TV does not swing left or right on the mount. I kind of wish it did for the very reason you mentioned. Just wondering.

I'm toying with running an extra spillter through the entertainment center in backroom through to the outdoor kitchen and putting a small TV out there on the counter beneath the cabinet.... My only dilemma is I'm running satelite and I'd have to run a whole new set of cables to the backroom to have satelite both up front and outback. Not sure it's worth the effort?

Mike
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #27

Joe,

Just noticed in your signature you have the 2012. I belive you have the new entertaimnent center which is a wall between the bedroom and living room with no rotating TV box. So you probably have a swivel arm mounted on the wall?

Mike
Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by heppdj2 View Post
Joe,

Just noticed in your signature you have the 2012. I belive you have the new entertaimnent center which is a wall between the bedroom and living room with no rotating TV box. So you probably have a swivel arm mounted on the wall?

Mike
Correct. The 2012 model has a solid wall between living room and master bedroom. The TV is mounted on an arm that swivels and extends. Then there is a cable jack and spot for a TV mount in the bedroom on the driver's side.

I was also thinking about splitting the cable line coming in and putting a small LCD in the outdoor kitchen.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #29

G2 32BHDS mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_n_az View Post
We have stocked it with our camp cooking stuff, utencils, and bought some new linen. We want to get it to the point where we bring food and some clothes, and hit the road. We are pretty close as we had tons of camping stuff already from our tent days.

What things have been done to your TT, and what do you want to do to it? I am curious what mods people do to these?
The original owner did the following:
Max air vent covers on all roof vents
Fantastic fan in the bath
Extra spare tire
Bumper receiver hitch
Carpeted steps
Convenience hooks in the master bedroom for keys or robes, etc.

We:
Put bedrails on both rear bunks
Put in a ladder for the bunk over the j-cube
Put command hooks in the bathroom behind the toilet for broom, swifter and sweeper
Mounted pouch shoe holders on both sides of the entertainment center
Put 15" led hd tv in bunkhouse and oldskool ps2 system that is so fun for family game night
Put in 2 sets of sterelite (3) drawers on casters in bunkhouse under window for kids clothing and toy storage
Shower curtain and rod for outdoor shower
Mounted a magnetic knife strip in upper pantry door
Switched micrwave for speed cook convection microwave
Switched master bedroom bedding for handmade quilt
Bed lounge in master bedroom
4"memory foam mattress topper in master br

As you can see most of our mods are for creature comforts. We would like to do the following:
Quieten the water pump
Change the bunkhouse storage to an in closet system and toy storage to storage ottomans that will also serve as extra seating
Flip up or gate leg counter for kitchen
Put in individual shelf/basket/pouch for each rear bed to serve as night stand/personal area. For the bunks, I will sew a pouched slipcover for the rail)
Put in more towel bars/ storage in bath
Build a larger rear ladder mounted drying rack
Add a room
Fantastic fans in bedroom vent
Slipcover jsteel sofa to personalize living room decor
Folding decking for outdoor shower
open up entertainment center top cabinet beside the tv for added storage

Favorite features of our TT:
Real doors
Rear bathroom entry
Large bunkhouse space for our kids

What are yours?

2008 (40th Anniversary) Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 F250 XLT Extended Cab 6.2L

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
dorayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #30

We spent a lot of time researching the 32BHDS before we made the purchase back in Dec 2009, we waited until we got a bigger TV ( tow vehicle) as well. Since this was our 3rd TT in 4 years we wanted to ensure we made the right decision so it fit our family for a long time. We have made some mods as well.

Rear bumper sewer hose carrier.
Slide out awnings.
Lights in cargo area.
Light under TT by grey water valve. ( at night it was hard to find the valve under the living room slide out.)
Electric tongue jack.
Battery disconnect switch.
Flip away jack pad.
Television with DVD player in kids room.
Hanging closet organizers in bedroom closets.
Glued a thin vinly strip on top of bath tub to ensure water ran back into tub and not on bathroom floor.
Max air covers on all vents.
Plexiglass on lowere portion of screen door.

3 things I am glad we ordered from factory:
Black tank flush.
Air bed in liviving room.
Ladder on rear of TT.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #31

You reminded me

Usmc616 we also have the tank flush and electric jack. Both have xome in handy. I am going to be following this thread and sharing findings with Rocky, your mods are some that we could use. I'm sure others also have done some great ones as well!

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
Old 08-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #32

I just ordered a fan for the fridge as my next mod. I also placed hooks in the front pass through storage so I have somewhere to put my w/d bars when not towing.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #33

I didn't know that the black tank flush was an option, otherwise I would have definitely gotten it. I'm planning on adding an electric jack, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I did add a toolbox to the front of the trailer though which has given me a great spot to keep all of the necessary items for actually trailering... WD bars when not in use, a jack for chaning tires, tools, x chocks, etc.

I have also added a third set of stabilizing jacks just in front of the axle, and the Steadyfast system to help take the movement out of the trailer. I plan on adding a couple of vent covers before our next trip.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
I didn't know that the black tank flush was an option, otherwise I would have definitely gotten it. I'm planning on adding an electric jack, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I did add a toolbox to the front of the trailer though which has given me a great spot to keep all of the necessary items for actually trailering... WD bars when not in use, a jack for chaning tires, tools, x chocks, etc.

I have also added a third set of stabilizing jacks just in front of the axle, and the Steadyfast system to help take the movement out of the trailer. I plan on adding a couple of vent covers before our next trip.
Can you post pics of your additional stabilizers? I thought about doing that.

Do you think that the Steadyfast system by itself would do the trick, or would you recommend the additional jacks as well?

Thanks,
Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #35

Quote:

I would like to see how you added the tool box. Seems like there is never enough storage room.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #36

I've been meaning to get some better pictures of the toolbox, but these are the best that I have right now. I had to move the propane tanks forward about an inch so that the box would fit. Other brands may fit better, but this was one of the widest (72") that I could find locally, so that is what I went with. I also couldn't use the hard tank cover anymore because the tanks are too close to the jack, so I got a soft cover that fits well.

As for the Steadyfast, I don't have any pictures, but here is the site -

www.steadyfast.com

Lots of good information and the owner is very responsive to questions. I would recommend it for any trailer. I am not positive how much difference the third set of stabilizers make, but I do feel better having them (it's probably all in my head) since this is such a long trailer. I figure that I've done almost everything that I can do to eliminate the trailer wiggle at this point, so it was worth it. They only add about 30 seconds to the set up/tear down process, so they are easy as well.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #37

Quote:

I had the dealer call Jayco when we were ordering the new TT, it was only $187.00 more for the black tank flush.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #38

Texas A&M - What kind of cover is that, and how do you like it? We are thinking of getting a cover but I heard they don't last very long in the Phoenix, AZ sun.

How bad is it to put on and take off?
Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #39

It's an Adco cover. I like it quite a bit... the reason I got it was for the Texas sun (65 days and counting over 100 degrees this year). So far so good.

I can put it on and take it off in about 15 minutes by myself. The idea is that it will keep the trailer looking new for much longer than if it wasn't covered. I can't afford a covered storage spot, so this is the next best thing. You do need to be careful of any sharp edges on the trailer. I thought I had them all covered up and then found several holes in the cover after a particularly windy winter. I patched them up though (patch kits are free for the first two or three years of the cover) and haven't noticed any other issues.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #40

Does anybody have any great solutions for storage in the bunkhouse? We have 3 littles and though their clothes don't take up much room, we do bring along quite a few toys. I like giving them each their own space, it cuts down on arguments and makes my life saner.
I currently use 2 sterelite 3 drawer stacks side by side under the picture window. One for clothes, one for toys. I would like something more discrete and less plastic. I was thinking of putting hanging closet organizers from IKEA in the closet because we RARELY need hanging clothes but I wondered how they would hold up to kid's usage, and storage ottomans for the toys which would also provide seating for the bunkhouse and family movie night. I haven't committed though and was wondering if anybody else had a great solution for kids clothes and toys in the bunkhouse.
This is our current set up:

please excuse the mess, this picture is the day after Christmas

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig