Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
We camp with 2 adults and 2 kids (5 and 9 yo). On some trips, we were fine after a 2 night stay, other times we were pretty full but I have yet to buy a transfer tank or go dump early. The kids still have a hard time conserving water and sometimes like to play with the faucets. We also tend to take more showers in the summer when it was really hot.
We have the outside shower for our TT and one of those portable shower tents as well. I wonder if anyone would be upset if during the summer we used (bio-degradable) soap and took our showers outside? I will have to call our state parks and ask them as that is where we camp 99% of the time anyway.

I think I had mentioned it before, but most of the parks we stay at have the dump station quite far away from the campsites. I'm talking 1/2 + mile away. There is no way I am going to tote a portable tank that far. Maybe I can talk the kids into hooking it up to their bikes.. Hmm.. Wait a second..

That's why I was interested in doing a xfer pump between the grey and black tanks...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1961 View Post
We have the outside shower for our TT and one of those portable shower tents as well. I wonder if anyone would be upset if during the summer we used (bio-degradable) soap and took our showers outside? I will have to call our state parks and ask them as that is where we camp 99% of the time anyway.

I think I had mentioned it before, but most of the parks we stay at have the dump station quite far away from the campsites. I'm talking 1/2 + mile away. There is no way I am going to tote a portable tank that far. Maybe I can talk the kids into hooking it up to their bikes.. Hmm.. Wait a second..

That's why I was interested in doing a xfer pump between the grey and black tanks...
Many of the tanks they offer now can be towed behind your truck. I would not walk one there either!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #23

Towed behind the truck.. BRILLANT I TELL YA, BRILLANT.
Boy, you guys know how to take the wind out of my sails... I will of course wait until we go out a few times to judge how close we get to full to see if I even will need one.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #24

Here's another step we take. We wash and rinse our dishes in a couple of dish tubs that we put in the sink. Then we dump those into the toilet (going into the black tank) rather than just sending them down the sink drain (and into the Gray tank). Over the course of several days, this adds up to quite a few gallons. And it always takes longer to fill up the black vs gray tank.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:54 AM   #25

We ordered a special shower head that mixes air in with the water. This saves a lot of water and we can have a normal shower with maybe 15 minutes between.
We usually get three days out of our system if we are careful. I have been considering an auxiliary grey water tank that we can take to the dump station.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:54 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1961 View Post
I wonder if anyone would be upset if during the summer we used (bio-degradable) soap and took our showers outside?
Unless you want to create a large crowd, I would recommend wearing a bathing suit.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote