Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAE View Post
On our first trip out, we made a list of items to purchace for the TT.
Us too. But our list took on a life of its own!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Us too. But our list took on a life of its own!
"took on a life of its own" is a complete understatement! My list is as long as my... well, it's really long!

I keep a notebook in the trailer, one in my bag, and I think I have one on my phone somewhere.

One thing I started doing that I'll recommend (not model specific) is to start a journal. For every trip, from the time I commit to the reservation to the time I pull it back to storage, I jot down everything: meal plans, grocery lists, chores or mods I need to complete, maintenance items, trip details like mileage, elapsed time, fuel usage, transmission temps, notes about the towing experience and setup etc... the site number, notes about the campground, the staff, the clientele, the utilities, the amenities... I also take a few pictures of my Jayco and the CG or other notables, and I post it all up here on the forum. One of the biggest benefits of this forum is learning from others' experiences, and I believe all CG experiences should be shared here so we can all learn.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
"took on a life of its own" is a complete understatement! My list is as long as my... well, it's really long!

I keep a notebook in the trailer, one in my bag, and I think I have one on my phone somewhere.

One thing I started doing that I'll recommend (not model specific) is to start a journal. For every trip, from the time I commit to the reservation to the time I pull it back to storage, I jot down everything: meal plans, grocery lists, chores or mods I need to complete, maintenance items, trip details like mileage, elapsed time, fuel usage, transmission temps, notes about the towing experience and setup etc... the site number, notes about the campground, the staff, the clientele, the utilities, the amenities... I also take a few pictures of my Jayco and the CG or other notables, and I post it all up here on the forum. One of the biggest benefits of this forum is learning from others' experiences, and I believe all CG experiences should be shared here so we can all learn.
I agree on keeping a journal. I started keeping a journal in 1984 when I bought my 2nd trailer and still keep it on our 6th trailer. It's great to look back over the last 30 years at all of camping experiences, my kids first trips, family who camped with us etc.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
I'm not a sound buff but I do like to watch TV in the evenings. The surround speaker system from the radio is much better than the TV speaker. I have my TV piped in to the stereo speakers. Just don't forget to turn off the outside speakers! Ask me how I know this!

We all know how you know this

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #25

Camper Bob, if that's a suggestion, I'm going to adopt it. I do some of those things but in a scattered way, submitting park reviews, logging my mileage and nights camping. But a journal would keep it all in one place. I like the other ideas I don't now do. Thanks.
'14 Denali XL
Old 09-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #26

New guy here. New travel trailer on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Camper Bob, if that's a suggestion, I'm going to adopt it. I do some of those things but in a scattered way, submitting park reviews, logging my mileage and nights camping. But a journal would keep it all in one place. I like the other ideas I don't now do. Thanks.

Absolutely a suggestion, for everyone. What better place to get info on a CG or place to camp than from our friends here?

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 AM   #27

Stereo

I have a new 2014 22FB with the Jensen stereo. The unit won't read CDs or DVDs. Dealer is working with Jayco to replace the unit. Only had the trailer a month. Also didn't get a remote for this stereo. Service guy told me he wasn't sure it came with one. Sounds like bs to me. Anyone get a remote?
reinbeauke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #28
Lost in the Woods

I am sure the remote is somewhere. I found mine (IRV)in a cupboard although I do not use it so I wasn't looking for it. What do you mean they are working with Jayco?????
If it doesn't work they have to fix it under warranty whether it is replaced or repaired
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
I am sure the remote is somewhere. I found mine (IRV)in a cupboard although I do not use it so I wasn't looking for it. What do you mean they are working with Jayco?????
If it doesn't work they have to fix it under warranty whether it is replaced or repaired
My remote was lost somewhere in transit or at the shop. My PDI Tech went and grabbed one from somewhere, probably had a drawer full of them previously lost.

It seems to me that if a dealer wants to get paid for warranty work, they need to talk to Jayco before they do it. It's probably just a matter of paperwork, but either way, the dealer still needs to "work with Jayco" to get the warranty work done and processed correctly. No need to get panties wadded up at this point... if they tell you they won't do it, then it's time to get a little more "firm".

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #30

I agree!! I hate someone else's music while camping. Call me grumpy...
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #31

I can assure you the remote is no where in the trailer. I wiped out every cabinet before anything was carried in the door. I also dont remember seeing the manual crank for the power tongue jack. Mine acted like it wasnt going to work this past sunday morning.I need to go look for that. Ill order one online if need be. The selling dealer isnt very helpful.
reinbeauke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinbeauke View Post
I can assure you the remote is no where in the trailer. I wiped out every cabinet before anything was carried in the door. I also dont remember seeing the manual crank for the power tongue jack. Mine acted like it wasnt going to work this past sunday morning.I need to go look for that. Ill order one online if need be. The selling dealer isnt very helpful.
No need to order a manual crank for your jack if you have a ratchet set. I don't remember the exact size, but there is a socket that fits it. I'll see if I can find the thread...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Quote:
No need to order a manual crank for your jack if you have a ratchet set. I don't remember the exact size, but there is a socket that fits it. I'll see if I can find the thread...
I took a look, and ran a search, but I couldn't find the thread. If your TT is at home, and you have a set of deep sockets, just give it a try. For some reason, 9/16 sticks in my head, perhaps 11/16 I think it's right around 1/2"...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #34

I found my remotes etc under the bed in a box with all the paper work on appliances etc.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawoo View Post
I agree!! I hate someone else's music while camping. Call me grumpy...
Can't. We already gots a Grumpy!
'14 Denali XL
Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #36

I agree with Roadwarrior56 totally. No electronics.
Reese Dual Cam
Canine Travelers - Emmy & Rocky
fayliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #37

Quote:
I have a new 2014 22FB with the Jensen stereo. The unit won't read CDs or DVDs. Dealer is working with Jayco to replace the unit. Only had the trailer a month. Also didn't get a remote for this stereo. Service guy told me he wasn't sure it came with one. Sounds like bs to me. Anyone get a remote?
When the Jensen went out in my Eagle,[under warranty] I called the dealership [Camping world] and they said sure, bring it in. I asked how long they would have to keep it, service manager said 6 weeks. Of course that was in addition to the 150 mile round trip. I said no way so I called Jensen direct. In effect, they said if I was comfortable removing/installing the unit they would send me a replacement. The only cost to me was $10 to ship the defective one back to them. Took careful notes on wiring when removing the old unit. New one working great. Jensen was a pleasure to work with. Saved a bunch of $ and hassle by dealing with the manufacturer direct. I now have 2 remotes because they didn't want the old one shipped back with the unit.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #38

Quote:
I took a look, and ran a search, but I couldn't find the thread. If your TT is at home, and you have a set of deep sockets, just give it a try. For some reason, 9/16 sticks in my head, perhaps 11/16 I think it's right around 1/2"...
We have an Atwood electric tongue jack on our camper and it requires a special crank to operate manually. Same crank operates the electric stabilizers if they fail. It's circular with 2 notches that grab. However,the slides can be manually cranked out with a 5/8 socket if I recall.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #39

Quote:
If your Jensen unit is the same as mine, pictured on page 1 of this thread, it should have a remote. It is small and thin, a little bigger than a credit card. Mine was in the packet w/ owners manuals, etc. They should give you a replacement if you didn't get it.