Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #1

New Hummingbird, a couple of questions

We just purchased our new Hummingbird a couple of weeks ago. We took it out for a practice run this weekend. First issue we had was the LED strip lights were on outside, but when I tried to use the remote to turn on, off or change colors, nothing happened. We bought new batteries and replaced them but still not working. I didn't know if its a bad remote or do I need to point it to a certain area of the strip. Second question is when we were lowering the automatic jack to leave today, once we got it up, it would not go down, the light wouldn't turn on either that is next to it. we pulled the plug out and reconnected the power to the trailer, and that had it working. I checked the battery status on the wall panel and it said it had a full charge. So off we go down the road to where we store the trailer, we were raising it to unhitch, and it did it again, so we attached the harness back up to the connector on our car, and it worked. What is the deal with this? Otherwise we are so excited with this purchase, and I am sure I will have tons more questions!
Surfingbudha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:24 AM   #2

Point the remote toward the front corner of the awning on the wall, that's where our sensor is located.

Very likely raised the jack too high and blew the 30 amp blade fuse, it doesn't take much, so much so that I keep about 10 in the TT at all times.

Look for a 4" square black electrical box under the propane regulator on the exterior front wall of the TT (down low on the frame). On the side of the box you'll see a small fuse holder with a rubber cap. Pull the 30 amp fuse and replace.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #3

Thank you so much!!!
Surfingbudha is offline   Reply With Quote