Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #1

New Jayco 19RD water leak

We just took our new Jayco 19RD out for the third time this summer. At the end of the trip we dumped the black water tank and did the black tank flush. Then while we were dumping the gray water tank, we noticed a steady stream of water coming out of a small hole in the center of the underbelly lining (we have the thermal package). Since the entire underbelly is covered with this lining we have no idea where this water is coming from. Can anyone tell me what this may be? Will we need to take it back to the dealer and have the entire underbelly lining removed to get the problem fixed? We're concerned about having this done. Has anyone experienced this and had the lining replaced well with everything sealed up again properly?
blsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #2

Hi, I have the 198RD which is pretty much the same model... yesterday while I was flushing the black tank, I noticed water leaking from underneath the trailer. I do not have the thermal package so I was able to determine it was coming from the flush unit itself. I didn't feel like laying on my back in a puddle of water so I haven't attempted to take a closer look yet.
scrawf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #3

Thank you for your response, scrawf7. We have thought that the leak was related to the gray water tank since we noticed the leak while the gray tank was draining. However, the leak may be related to the black tank flush like yours is. I did notice on our first trip that when we started the black tank flush, underneath the bathroom sink where the valves and hoses are down by the floor there was a connection that started leaking that I tightened up and it hasn't leaked since. Perhaps there is a connection where the black tank flush hose goes into the black tank where we can't see that is leaking also. The water coming out of the underbelly looked clean. Please let me know what you learn when you take a closer look.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #4

My black tank flush on my 19rd was leaking first time out....sounds common which is too bad and shouldn't leave the factory that way. Anyways dealership fixed it under warranty, they had it for a week but all I well now. Take it in if it's under warranty.
Cheddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #5

Here is a thread on this forum discussing problems with a black tank flusher as installed by Jayco: clicky
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #6

Cheddy - glad to hear yours is fixed and working well now. Ours is still under warranty so we will take it in for repair. We're concerned about them taking off the underbelly lining and putting it back with everything sealed up properly again. Did they do a good job of this with yours?
RVhiker - thank you for the link. I read both threads and it sounds like there is a problem part which would be hard to me to fix so I'm glad we can get it repaired under warranty. We're hoping we don't have more problems down the road.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #7

I too was concerned about them tearing up the underbelly, but I looked under it before and after and I was pleasantly surprised that I could not tell a difference. Hopefully your dealer will remove the screws holding the underbelly instead of cutting into it. Make them do it right, or redo it. Tell them your concerned of the insulation being wet and molding later. I'm in Utah so mine dried out pretty quick. If yours is soaked it may need to be replaced.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #8

Blsh- sorry I just looked and realized that you too are in Ut...SLC. I use Blaine Jensen RV (Camping World) in Kaysville for my work.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #9

Cheddy - I hadn't noticed you are in Clinton. We looked at a 198 at Blaine Jensen but decided to go with a 19RD at Ardell Brown Camping World in Draper, so will be getting our work done there. Thank you for the suggestion about telling them our concern with the insulation being wet - how were you able to determine that yours dried out pretty quick? I hope we have as good an experience as you with the underbelly.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #10

I had them double check it and I crawled under there checking for any signs. I just think it is too dry here for any moisture to stick around even in the insulation. I bet you'll be okay. But have them fix that sprayer and check the insulation.