Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #1

New Jayco jayflight 28bhbe

Hello
We are new to this site - we bought a news Jayco June 2016 - we went with Jayco because our old Rv was a Jayco 2006 Jayco jayflight 27BH which was very well built and sturdy - but because we are a family of 6 bought a new 2016 28bHBE with slide out
To have more room - we took our new rig home and about 2 months later went camping on our new rig for the first time
- to realize that they are cheaply made and lots of things loose and broken - and had a leak under the kitchen sink even with the sink NOT being is use / which warped the wood shelf !!! This is all in 3 day camping trip - super bummed our dealer we bought is about 2 hours away and won't give us the time of day ... So we took to a authorized dealer that is 30 minutes away - but they are telling us they might charge is for repair because we didn't buy there ? Even though we have a 2 year warranty
- what's wrong with these dealerships !!??
Been a nightmare

Domfam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #2

I've got a really small drip from my kitchen sink too (2015 26bhs) that's been used 6 nights, I just haven't been able to pinpoint the cause.

theoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #3

If you bought new from
Dealership- you should have warranty
Old 08-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #4

I bought my 28BHBE in June as well. . I've only had a few very minor issues but I quickly learned my dealer was going to be useless. I corrected all issues myself and will continue to do so until a real warranty issue arises and I have no choice but to use a dealer...
2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #5

I do, but I have it at a leased site for the season.

I've already taken it in once for all the stuff I found wrong before I took it out for the maiden voyage.
I wasn't all that impressed with some of the work done so depending what it is, I might to fix it myself instead of take it in....
Old 08-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I bought my 28BHBE in June as well. . I've only had a few very minor issues but I quickly learned my dealer was going to be useless. I corrected all issues myself and will continue to do so until a real warranty issue arises and I have no choice but to use a dealer...
I guess this is the sad part. The manufacturer knows we will do this so they get away with doing a shoddy build and it's a win-win for them in the end.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #7

Yes !! Sadly that's what we will be doing also !!
Old 08-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoat View Post
I guess this is the sad part. The manufacturer knows we will do this so they get away with doing a Sh!t build and it's a win-win for them in the end.
I have a good friend who has a camper made by another company. He took his unit in for some minor warranty work and spent the next 3 weeks fixing the stuff they either didn't fix or broke. I will avoid the dealer if at all possible. I agree this is a win win for them but it's peace of mind for me...
2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #9

I was reading my owners manual yesterday online, (taking delivery actually tomorrow) and Jayco promised to contact the dealer within (I think it was 30 days) of any warranty related work requested that the dealer has not been responsive with resolving.

I have no problems fixing my own stuff, and it sounds like that is a more efficient approach for some, but if my new TT has any of these issues, I will make sure that the factory will follow through with their promise. Well, talk is cheap as they say, but that is the plan.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #10

Do you have jayco's customer service number ?

Tags
nightmare, warranty, water leak