Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #11
Couple other things I just thought about. You should do the shower fix that Shaner proposes in this thread:

Water runs along the front of the shower wall and will send a stream through your unit. The fix above is quick, cheap ($3) and totally fixes the problem.

Get the rear bumper BBQ mount arm if your unit did not already come with one. I got mine from Jayco for $140. This is an arm that extends from the back bumper of the trailer for your BBW. The cool thing is that it moves your BBQ from the forward mount to the rear where the rear kitchen is. Nice add IMHO.

Here is a photo of my 314 deep in the Montana Wilderness (Glacier National Park)...."Somewhere in the middle of, Montana..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	6239

pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
Thank yall very much for all the tips! Think ill be going with the 2x12's.... still going back and forth or whether or not to get the cover... we live in South Louisiana... so it is pretty humid all the time... not too much wind though....

Either way.... WE PICK UP THE CAMPER TOMORROW! and our first trip is not this weekend but the following and can't wait!!!

afranzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
When you pick up your new TT tomorrow watch over the shoulder of the RV tech that's adjusting your WDH...., since the TT will be in an unloaded state departing the RV dealership you will have to check/re-adjust the WDH under loaded conditions prior to your weekend trip. Also get the installation documents from him.

Enjoy the new Eagle!

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS
Reese HP Dual Cam
Putnam Class V
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #14
We just got a new Jayflight 32bhds a few months ago and this is the first New TT for us and found out something the hard way on our 2nd trip . I was not aware that the furnace needed to be run for a while to burn off. When you get the trailer home open up the windows and switch on the furnace and let it run for an hour or so then it will produce an awful odor and after that its ready. Have a safe trip and congrats.
2013 Jayflight 32bhds , Outside kitchen,Bike/Cargo rack,thermal pkg,elite pkg,elec stab jacks,outside grill,pwr awning,roof ladder,hideabed sofa,technology pkg,15k btu A/C upgrade,8,367lbs dry wt
1994 Chevrolet Crew cab dually 6.5td,auto,silverado
turbo-power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
Congratulations on your new purchase!

2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote