Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #11
We waited till our local furniture store had a sale, then ordered a special size. They charged a $20 special size fee. There was no freight because we waited 2 weeks for their normal to come in. We could pick from any brand they sold.

"Freedom has a taste to those who fought and almost died for it ... that the protected will never know. Anonymous"

2016 Chevy High Country CC 2500 4x4 Duramax
30 DSRE White Hawk
xtruckerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:41 AM   #12
I added a 3" memory foam topper underneath the standard Denver mattress (it works just like a box spring), then added a 1" corrugated foam topper on top. It's the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! The bare foam stays put on the wood platform, and the deep fitted sheet covers the whole thing. I also put a heated mattress pad on top and it keeps me toasty warm on cold nights, while saving a ton of money on propane. The struts would no longer hold the bed up when it was fully made, so (following the advise of a friend on this site), I moved them forward 4" top & bottom. Now all is good!

2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #13
Originally Posted by michigancampermcsmrs View Post
We have a 2015 33RLDS. Very pleased with unit except for the mattress. "Jayco's Exclusive" mattress not very comfortable. Any suggestions what mattress would be a good choice?
We bought a really sweet foam one at IKEA. It's a full queen and it sets on top of the stock short queen innerspring mattress in the trlr. Your feet wont hang off the end if you're a 6 footer or better. It's so comfortable, my wife made me buy the same one for the inside our house. It was about 300. She had disc damage from car accident and that's what it takes so she can sleep.
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #14
The Denver "Exclusive" mattress is a piece of crap in my opinion.I bought foam topper that was about 2" and it helped a little bit.I broke down and bought a new mattress from amazon from a company called Dreamfoam.It was $200 something shipped and very comfortable.It had great reviews and for the price I couldn't pass it up

06 2500 Duramax. Air lift 5000 air bags,Equalizer WDH, EFI live,fass fuel system,4" straight pipe

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote