Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neng View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Im sure if i wait it out longer I could save another 1000 bucks but it's camping season and creating memories is more important to me imo. There's always a better deal out there
I can relate. But if I could make just one recommendation, build out your camper here - https://www.rvdirect.com/Jayco/

See what their offer is. A lot of us have taken quotes from RVDirect (or another online broker) and had the local dealer match - or come close. You're out nothing by trying, and may save 5 thousand dollars which makes creating memories even more enjoyable. That savings could easily equal 3 years worth of principal payments. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #22

My quote is from rv direct.i already went to my local dealer and show him the quote. He don't care.
Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #23

Sounds like an alright deal to me. I don't have my paperwork in front of me, but I think we bought our 27BHS in November, for around $22,000 at 4.9%. I'm in Ohio, so I would guess things would be a little higher in your area.

If you want to try to squeeze a little more out of the dealer you could always ask for a better WDH (assuming you aren't already getting whatever you consider best). Also, when they walk you over to parts and accessories, make sure you have Amazon or similar open on your phone, and make them price match. That saved us a few hundred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #24

Cool, understood. I didn't see your post here until just now - http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...tml#post509069

Sounds ok to me too. (The RVDirect quote, not the 4 extra grand the dealer wanted) You could always shop for a better loan or refi at a local credit union, before interest rates go up much more. I have the same camper, it's a great floor plan. Anyway...

Only other thing I would add before wishing you the best is you may want to review some of the payload threads here on the forum to make sure your Tundra is up to the task. The 27BHS is half ton towable (ask me how I know) but not every 1/2 ton is built for the job. The dealer won't care about that either Trust me. Free advise, worth what you paid
Old 04-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #25

Payload is around 200bs n mad towing is 10,300
Old 04-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Ok thanks for the replies. I have a Honda 2000 watt generator, I know its a small unit but can it power the 27bhs or if possible just some individual appliances?

Assuming it's the Honda EU2000i inverter generator, it should power most everything except the A/C.

2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #27

I still have a few days before I sign the paper, am I better off buying a equaliz wdh or stick with the dealers reese wdh plus sway bar which is few hundred more than the equalizer with hilt in sway control? How difficult is the install?
Old 04-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #28

I have the 10K equalizer. It took me about 4 hours to get it dialed in the way I wanted. You may need to buy a few tools. Most typical guys don't have the large torque wrench or breaking bar and socket you'll need to secure the hitch ball to the head. You can either get a UHaul store to torque that bolt on there for you, or buy the tools.. there are a few tricks to get that nut torqued properly at home. I'll have to dig up the info on what I ended up buying... I think I spent about 50 bucks on the breaker bar and the socket.

No experience with the Reese. I'll put the same equalizer on my 250 when it shows up. I'm sure either hitch will work fine. An informal poll around here will show you that a lot of us are running the equalizer, but I haven't heard any horror stories about the Reese either. I think they are comparable. I don't think I'd pay more for the Reese, without new information on why.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #29

Reese! Reese! Reese!
Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #30

Ok, on rvdirects site says 650 to deliver. But when I ask the salesman he say it can't be deliver only pick up. Which was already 1250. Im 3 1/2hr away
Old 04-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #31

Quote:
Ok, on rvdirects site says 650 to deliver. But when I ask the salesman he say it can't be deliver only pick up. Which was already 1250. Im 3 1/2hr away
You should probably read the FAQ's page here - http://rvdirect.com/faq.php

In the 'Can you deliver to me' section - it states:

"Shipping to your location is permitted only if the manufacturer your considering allows it. "

This is a Jayco rule, not RVDirect. I don't believe Jaco 'allows it'. Jayco wants to make sure you get a chance to look over your new camper before you take delivery and the warranty kicks in. Their policy protects both you, and Jayco. You wouldn't be able to do a PDI (inspection) if some delivery dude just dropped it off at your house.

I think you'll have to make the drive to pick it up. 3.5 hours is nothing.

I have no idea what 1250 you mentioned is all about since you didn't really say what that is for, but I would imagine that is the standard 'dealer prep and delivery' charge that Jayco (and the dealer) charges that they then pass along to you. It's almost impossible to get out of paying that. You would not be paying an additional 650 on top of that amount obviously since you will be picking it up at an RVDirect location. That 650 only comes into play IF you are able to get RVDirect to ship at their own expense, your camper to your house... camp site, whatever... but not an option with Jayco's (and most other main brands honestly).

This is all assuming that I understand what you just wrote lol. You aren't a man of a lot of words I tend to err on the other side and turn what could have been 2 sentences into a lengthy post. I do not believe Jayco has authorized RVDirect (or any dealer for the most part) to ship your brand new unit to you without giving you the opportunity to obtain - and sign off on your PDI by a factory trained Jayco tech at the dealership. The person that would be delivering your camper to you, is a delivery driver, not a factory trained tech - so Jayco wouldn't allow them to deliver the camper to you that way.

I hope that made sense?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #32

lol from what I have read thru this forum, on delivery date something usually needs to get addressed. The wait of 10-12 week is killing me as I though they have the rv's ready in stock. At least it gives me some time to think about the storage situation.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #33

Quote:
lol from what I have read thru this forum, on delivery date something usually needs to get addressed. The wait of 10-12 week is killing me as I though they have the rv's ready in stock. At least it gives me some time to think about the storage situation.
I'm ordering my new truck pretty soon, we can share the pain of waiting Guessing both will come in about the same time. (plus or minus 30 weeks lol). It will all be worth it. Besides, it gives you a couple months to start researching all that other RV stuff you'll want to buy before you you go on your maiden voyage.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #34

As soon as u put deposit down, now the guy isn't returning my email or calls. What a joke
Old 04-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #35

We just bought a 2017 Jayflight SLX 32BDSW and love it. Rear bunk, outside kitchen, power awning.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Took another trip to my local dealer, he's 4k more than my online quote. Basically he say if I gt a jayco elsewhere he wont perform warranty work lol.

I'd lol him right back and then get his name and report him to Jayco. The warranty and national service model was one of the reasons I specifically went with Jayco. I know that our local Jayco dealer will work on ours (Des Moines RV/RV One) although we have returned 3 hours away to where we bought it for major issues cause we were happy with them (it does get old however travelling that far) It is possible local sales would take priority I suppose, but outright refusal seems pretty shady to me.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #37

Like I said earlier, I know the dealership the op is referring to. I bought my first camper, a jay flight, from him used which was actually originally purchased from them. What the op was saying is absolutely true. He told me the same thing when we were ready to upgrade. They are a small mom and pop dealership and need to make money too. Their service dept is top notch. Actually, everyone there is top notch but they want to service their customers first when it comes to warranty work. Also, they have the market cornered as they are the only jayco dealer on long Island and the next closet one is pretty far away. Anyone who has traveled off of the island will tell you how much of a pain it is with all of the traffic and tolls involved. I called jayco and they told me that if I need work done, the starcraft dealer can do warranty work for me without any problem. They are only 10 min from me and the jayco dealer is almost an hour. While they are a starcraft dealer, they have very limited stock. I actually went there and they told me no problem, we will honor jayco's warranty. So to the op, don't sweat it too much, we have other options on long Island. If the deal that you got is off of the island, buy it and don't fret so much about service. The starcraft dealer is in commack. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo303 View Post
Like I said earlier, I know the dealership the op is referring to. I bought my first camper, a jay flight, from him used which was actually originally purchased from them. What the op was saying is absolutely true. He told me the same thing when we were ready to upgrade. They are a small mom and pop dealership and need to make money too. Their service dept is top notch. Actually, everyone there is top notch but they want to service their customers first when it comes to warranty work. Also, they have the market cornered as they are the only jayco dealer on long Island and the next closet one is pretty far away. Anyone who has traveled off of the island will tell you how much of a pain it is with all of the traffic and tolls involved. I called jayco and they told me that if I need work done, the starcraft dealer can do warranty work for me without any problem. They are only 10 min from me and the jayco dealer is almost an hour. While they are a starcraft dealer, they have very limited stock. I actually went there and they told me no problem, we will honor jayco's warranty. So to the op, don't sweat it too much, we have other options on long Island. If the deal that you got is off of the island, buy it and don't fret so much about service. The starcraft dealer is in commack. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks that's great to hear, commack is 20mins from me. I was in the fence of canceling my order and take the hit on the deposit. But now I feel better. I will try to build a relationship with my local dealer, I still need a bunch of other stuff and I'll shop there.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Ok thanks for the replies. I have a Honda 2000 watt generator, I know its a small unit but can it power the 27bhs or if possible just some individual appliances?

Won't power the AC unless you do something like this . Look into the Micro Air Soft Start:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...tml#post510423

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:22 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo303 View Post

Thats fantastic there is another option locally, and really good of the Starcraft dealer!

One of the most frustrating things I kept encountering when shopping around various brands a few years ago was the old "We will only service what we sell" sales line. NEVER heard that from a Jayco rep and I did ask!

Our local dealer when you make an appointment online you actually select where you bought it, which is all of their 5 or 6 dealers around the country, or "national sales" indicating they probably prefer units bought from them or their partners. I gave them the chance to pricematch, but they didn't want to. Ironically, it was RV One that was higher than the mom and pop dealer by several thousand, and it was a factory order on both accounts.

I really think warranty service should be part of the franchise agreement like I understand cars are, they have to service it for warranty issues or lose the franchise. Not matching the price or preferring their local customers first, I could see that as reasonable.

I have always been curious if the RV dealers make more on the Sales of the unit, or the service after the sale. I would think its the later, but perhaps I am mistaken.

And to the OP, the wait timeframe, been there done that. It is frustrating indeed. I hope they stick to their original delivery estimate or it comes early for you! Ours got delayed because we got stuck in model year changeover (bought a 15, got a 16)

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote