Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #1

Smile New Park Model

My wife and I have traded our 25RKS Eagle Lite Trailer for a new 2013 Park Model Jayco Jay Flight DST 38FLDS. Our TT was only three years old and we only towed it once from our seasonal site. I guess I was never comfortable with towing. We did love our TT however we really love this one. Great layout for the two of us.
We did have some heavy negotiations with the RV folks. They kept saying it was new. But it was built in Aug 2012 as a 13 model. To me that's two years on the roof and propane tanks, etc. We did a thorough walk around and I had them fill the hot water tank to make sure everything worked properly. This was not done on my walkaround on the previous trailer. All other systems worked. The trailer still had the new smell.

On a positive note for Jayco trailers, they are a good make. They aren't perfect however, but we have people in our park with some poor makes with numerous faults which are unbelievable. One park model is being returned to the manufacturer at the end of the season for a total redo - it's not a Jayco

Cheers

East Ottawa
EastOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #2

We traded in our Mobile Suites 5th.whl. on a Jayco Jay Flight Bungalow 40FER.
It was a 2012 model, used, but had only been used for 6 months, towed 50 miles and back and it had most of the tags hanging on the appliances. Got a great deal on it. We towed it from Washington state to southern Arizona. Towed well.
It is a great unit to live in with lots of room and amenities. We set it up semi permanently in a RV park. We were given the walk though at the dealer and they had any "warts" fixed before we left.
THe only thing I miss is the flexability of the 5th.whl. I kept my 5th.whl. hitch just in case.
THe inside is kind of dark overall and that is a negative. I tried LED lights but it did not help much.