1. Overdrive or no Overdrive? I used to have a 2003 F-150 w/ Towing Pkg. I found overdrive was not very useful.
2. Cruise control or no cruise control? Flat out, it worked well
3. I am no stranger to pulling trailers, however, I have never towed one with as much wind drag, so I was a little surprised by the amount of drag when I pulled it home. Same here, I upgraded to an F-250 PSD
4. It was I bit breezy and I did experience some side to side when a big truck would pass me. Is that normal? Can I adjust the sway bar to reduce it? See above
1. When I got it home, none of the interior lights would come on. My truck does not currently supply power to the 12v system, I will get the required relays shortly. But, shouldn’t the 12v work the lights and other minor systems without being hooked to the vehicle or camp power? As mentioned, fuse or battery. Here is a diagram that will help when it comes time to hook up your charge power and any trouble shooting.
2. I don’t plan on using the fresh water tank any time soon, but should I sanitize the system anyway or does it even matter if I am only on city water? sanitize
3. Since I will be in it on at least a semi-permanent basis, are the any tips for keeping it great condition and not allowing it to appear “lived in”? I am looking for tips on cosmetics as well as appliances? Regular housekeeping & maintenance