Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkboyer911 View Post
Mine has no name on it at all other than its made in USA on the tag. Im betting the mattress they send won't be any better than the old one but at least it will be a good start for the spring...LOL
They'll replace it with yet another piece of junk. Leave the wrapper on the one they send you and maybe you can get a few bucks on craigslist. Meantime, start looking at REAL mattresses for replacement. LOL!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #42

We are on our first trip in our 2017 23MRB. By day 5 the mattress (simmons) has collapsed so much that I have to use a pillow to fill the hole to level my side. Wife's side is beginning to fail now after 10th day. Salesman had really touted this as a special addition to the 2017 models. There is no way a topper could improve this pos. We are going to try one of the mattresses from Amazon as others have done. A replacement of the same from Jayco would be a waste of time. We will be letting Jayco know how we feel about this shortcoming to an otherwise great travel trailer.
BX
bajaxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaxplorer View Post
We are on our first trip in our 2017 23MRB. By day 5 the mattress (simmons) has collapsed so much that I have to use a pillow to fill the hole to level my side. Wife's side is beginning to fail now after 10th day. Salesman had really touted this as a special addition to the 2017 models. There is no way a topper could improve this pos. We are going to try one of the mattresses from Amazon as others have done. A replacement of the same from Jayco would be a waste of time. We will be letting Jayco know how we feel about this shortcoming to an otherwise great travel trailer.
BX
Be sure to check the platform the mattress rests on.

Our Denver mattress is a POS also, but a memory foam topper helped that. BUT, the platform had a serious sag. The dealer put heavier wood framing underneath the platform and that corrected most of the sag. We sleep well now.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #44

So I got the dealer to exchange the mattress that was sagging...(that we never slept in) and i think its just as much of a POS as the old one....they said these were better but we will see....if it will get us thru one summer Ill switch it out...I have a 2 inch memory foam topper I'm going to put on it and hopefully that will make it last a bit longer.
rkboyer911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #45

Junk mattresses.

We tossed ours. Junk. Replaced it with this:
https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...m_medium=email

Added a two in topper we had on our old 5er.
Very comfortable and standard fitted sheets fit tight.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_S View Post
We tossed ours. Junk. Replaced it with this:
https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...m_medium=email

Added a two in topper we had on our old 5er.
Very comfortable and standard fitted sheets fit tight.
Question: Was adding the 2" topper necessary to be comfortable or so your fitted sheets would fit your new 8" mattress?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 02-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Question: Was adding the 2" topper necessary to be comfortable or so your fitted sheets would fit your new 8" mattress?
Probably wasn't necessary. It was fairly new so just put it on. Haven't actually used the mattress without it.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 AM   #48

Exactly the same issue on my simmons in a 2017 23RB. Simmons won't honor the failure until 1 3/4" of deflection is obtained. They require processing through a dealer with multiple photos and measurements, then it gets kicked to Jayco for approval, then it gets kicked back to the dealer with authorization to order a replacement mattress from simmons and if they agree with all the other crap you should have a new POS mattress in about 3 weeks at which time... You can begin the entire process over again. I'm making a list... No more Jayco, Simmons or Furrion. My adventure in lemon trailer ownership continues....
Deal Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #49

Purchased a 2017 23MRB. Tried the bed for a nap and realized there was no way I could sleep on this mattress and be comfortable. Hard as a rock and both hips and shoulders were sore after 10 minutes. First bad thing I have to say about Jayco, for the price of their product they should care more about our comfort.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #50

We have the Sealy in our Eagle HT. We bought a 2" memory foam topper after the first night because of our back pain- the mattress is a rock. It's actually pretty comfortable now; we've got 4 nights in it. I'm sure it will fail since it's a cheap mattress, but at that point I'll probably just replace it with one from ikea or amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #51

My 2017 has a simmons. It failed in the first week. I called Simmons first, who told me it needed to have 1 3/4" of deflection before they would replace it. After 3 weeks it's up to 2 1/4". I called Simmons again who then told me to call Jayco who then told me to call the dealer who is now waiting on a replacement authorization from jayco. Ive folded it up and put it in one of the storage areas, sleeping on a camping air mattress currently. ..
Old 02-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Be sure to check the platform the mattress rests on.

Our Denver mattress is a POS also, but a memory foam topper helped that. BUT, the platform had a serious sag. The dealer put heavier wood framing underneath the platform and that corrected most of the sag. We sleep well now.
Mine too... I'm a small guy, so I crawled in the outside storage access and placed two form fitting vertical 2" x 4" boards under the platform for additional support. It did not help the POS mattress however. I screwed right angle brackets into the sub floor to hold the vertical supports when I lift the platform for interior storage access. . Who engineers this crap?
Old 07-30-2017, 11:12 AM   #53

Just purchased my 2017 Jayco Flight... And yes, the mattress, after sleeping on it a few times already has a depression right in the middle of the bed. I am very disappointed. I think I'll invest in a Brentwood 11" Memory Gel Mattress. Can't sleep on this any longer.
sskakalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #54

Our 2017 24RKS Whitehawk came with a Sealy. We have slept on it for 5 nights and it held up fine and was comfortable. They are firm, but with lower back problems this was perfect for me.
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #55

Congratulations on the new Jay Flight and welcome to the forum.

Talk to your dealer. Sometimes customers have been given an allowance for mattress complaints.

Our platform under the bed was sagging so our dealer reinforced it. The bed doesn't sag anymore, but the 'Denver' mattress sucks and we put a memory foam topper on it. Now it's OK (DW is pleased, me, not so much).
Old 07-31-2017, 01:58 AM   #56

This is what I put in our new 23RB. I took out the Sealy that came in ours as soon as I got it home. I already has the linked mattress which we took out of the TT we sold. We were going to put the original mattress back in, but the buyer didn't want a mattress of any kind. The linked mattress really sleeps well. It's an RV queen, so those with an 80" long queen will need a different mattress.

https://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattre.../dp/B000X1VVBS

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #57

What do you do when the bed is on a slide with the mattress and the mattress folds? How do you replace that mattress?
Old 08-10-2017, 05:44 AM   #58

They are junk. After first time out we left depressions in the mattress 3 1/2" deep. Jayco replaced with same. Haven't tried it yet but will probably do the same. Dealer said just keep replacing it under warranty for two years but not acceptable. Going to contact Jayco and see about an upgrade or a cash rebate.
Pint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:03 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnAllen02 View Post
What do you do when the bed is on a slide with the mattress and the mattress folds? How do you replace that mattress?
I am most interested in the answer to this question, we are sort of looking at upgrades with the bed on a slide and I am so happy with my replacement to the Denver mattress in my SLX 212 QBW that I might stay if I can't replace it...

Lynn
Old 08-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #60

Hello all!

Brand new here, just bought our trailer last month. Pleased to meet you all.

We spent 5 nights in our trailer on the "Simmons Residential Style" mattress. It has a tag right on it saying Simmons.

My first impressions are: It is a cement slab wrapped in fabric. Except that after 5 nights it already has depressions in it. So... maybe it's not concrete. Now, in fairness I expected some kind of settlement in the padding but I was quite surprised by how much it had settled.

My wife and I aren't big people. Average sized I would say.

I don't know who's residential mattress they based this on but I certainly wouldn't be using this brand name mattress as a selling feature. Standard residential mattresses have springs in my experience but this mattress doesn't seem to have springs. It just feels like layers of foam stacked up like another user posted pictures of.
Honestly, the bunks my 3 year old sleeps on in the trailer are far more comfortable.

I'm not convinced any mattress supplied by the OEM will be better. But if it gets worse I'll just have it replaced as many times as possible until the warranty runs out. Until then, I'll soften it up with a foam topper and a featherbed.

Cheers
NOTAHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote