Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #21

One modification I highly recommend is to add a light to the storage area. It is fairly easy to run wires from the fuse panel and ground terminal block, under the trailer and into the compartment and install a light.

I've done several other mods on our 2011 FKV
Old 01-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #22

need to order table need measurements

Hi
I just got a 2011 skylark and need the table size. Can anyone help me I have the one with the kitchen in the V front
Marklashway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #23

Another new Skylark owner....almost

We're working out a deal this weekend, to buy a 2012 FKV, the layout and interior that, once I saw it, I could not get out of my mind. The only thing I wish for differently, and this is so nitpicking, is for the table to match the counters of the kitchen. The old brochures always show them matching, but the table in this one is brown wood grain laminate. So, 99.5% is just right, on this trailer for me and husband.

I cant wait to start fixing it up:new, if any, curtains, lumbar cushions for the straight backed dinette sofa, maybe remove the fabric ruched on the window cornices, or at least make new, lighter ones.....all that said, we have not completed the sale, so, I was wondering if experienced Skylark owners could point me to any special problem areas, to double check before purchase, please.

I'm reading thru every Skylark post I can find, and making a list of mods to do (thanks to us71na for great suggestions.)
Greenbarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #24

Skylark lift

Hi everyone!

Brought home a new to us 2011 Skylark FKV. Love it!

That said for back road camping here in B.C. need the trailer lifted. scraped just backing into driveway.

Anyone had a lift done, and could share pictures of the axle to frame mounting?? No kit available we are told.

Cheers.

Don.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #25

'nuther Skylark owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
...I believe, and do not quote me, hey were only made for one year (2012).
I have a 2011 21FBV

2011 Jayco Skylark 21 FBV
2019 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD
2018 70-lb. Labrador/Dalmatian
Erik_Rabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:29 PM   #26

2011 Table measurements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklashway View Post
Hi
I just got a 2011 skylark and need the table size. Can anyone help me I have the one with the kitchen in the V front
We have a 2011 21FKV (kitchen in the front). The table measures 48-1/2" long and 18-3/8" wide. The table is round on both ends and can be mounted off center so that guests can be seated on the bench or futon bed to eat at the table. You will also need the two steel support tubes and the plastic cups that get mounted on the bottom of the table.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #27

Hi. Thanks for your posting. Please let me know where you found the folding sink faucet for the front sink. Mine has completely broke and I need a replacement. Thanks!
Dontnvme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #28
Site Team

I'm not sure what yours looks like, but I googled "folding RV faucet" and a few came up to look at. There might be one there that'll work for you.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:33 AM   #29

Faucet

That’s funny, Before I posted here I googled foldable faucet and the only thing I could find was a foldable boat faucet which was similar but only supported cold water.
So when I looked on the forums and saw your post I thought I’d find a direct replacement easy. Anyway the reason I couldn’t find on is because I didn’t add “RV” to the google search. I just found on for $48 from EBay and it’s all metal.
Dontnvme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontnvme View Post
Where did you find a front sink faucet replacement? My faucet completely broke and I’ve been trying to find another to replace it.
We still have the original faucet. It cracked near the base of the spout and I was able to repair it with a screw type hose clamp. I don't know who made it. You might be able to ask Jayco.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontnvme View Post
That’s funny, Before I posted here I googled foldable faucet and the only thing I could find was a foldable boat faucet which was similar but only supported cold water.
So when I looked on the forums and saw your post I thought I’d find a direct replacement easy. Anyway the reason I couldn’t find on is because I didn’t add “RV” to the google search. I just found on for $48 from EBay and it’s all metal.
That's great. Glad you'll be back in business soon.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 12:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer for Two View Post
Hi. I am a new member and fairly new Skylark owner. It doesn't seem like there are many of us out there. I wasn't able to find an active thread. Am I missing it? I would love to connect with any other Skylarkers if you're out there and hear about your mods and any advice you have to share. This is our first TT.
Hi
We just bought a 2011 Skylark. Can't wait for delivery!
JinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:49 PM   #33

Let us know if you have any questions when you get it. Which model did you get? I have a 2011 FKV.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:07 PM   #34

We bought the 2011 FKV. Can’t wait!!have already booked a few camp spots really close to home to learn how to maneuver it. Had a class B but never a trailer.
Question: what are your thoughts about a spare tire? Do you have one and if so where is it stored.

What great tips! Already thinking about checking for rust! Thanks!
Old 06-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinAnne View Post
Question: what are your thoughts about a spare tire? Do you have one and if so where is it stored.

What great tips! Already thinking about checking for rust! Thanks!
When towing, I wouldn't leave home without a spare trailer tire. We've owned ours since 2011 and have had to use the spare tire twice. The first time was a tire that lost the tread and we were riding on the steel belt, the other was a piece of road debris ruined a tire on an exit ramp between two interstate highways.

There should be a slide out spare tire holder under the trailer. Mine is near the front. One of the first things I do every spring is to pull out the spare to make sure the slide works and to check the air pressure. I also carry a small auto air compressor to top off tires
Old 06-04-2021, 06:33 PM   #36

Re Spare Tire

HI
After reading your post I went out to the dealer where it is parked awaiting a safety prior to picking it up. I looked underneath and there it was! Looks like it has never been used. I am having the dealer inspect it and make sure that the bolts haven't seized up! Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-09-2021, 06:35 PM   #37

Hi
Has anyone put a bike rack on the Skylark? Apparently the bumper is not strong enough to carry one so I am not sure where else it can go. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #38

Hi
We are trying to find a sway bar weight distribution system to go on our Skylark but because of the pointed nose our dealer cannot locate one. Does anyone have one of these on theirs and if so what is the brand name? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #39

I have a question, does any one find a way to lift up your Skylark trailer? It's very low and I'm going to BC next years and I want to know If somebody as an idea to lift the trailer?
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:42 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinAnne View Post
Hi
We are trying to find a sway bar weight distribution system to go on our Skylark but because of the pointed nose our dealer cannot locate one. Does anyone have one of these on theirs and if so what is the brand name? Thanks.
I tow our Skylark with a 2012 Honda Pilot and the only thing I added was a sway bar, which helps by eliminating the side push from passing trucks. The front of the sway bar is mounted on a ball that is in a plate that was welded to my Reese hitch.

Tags
skylark