Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #1

new SLX 287bhsw, couple of questions

Hello all, i apologize if it has already been answered but i cant seem to find any other topics (im sure they are there) for my two questions. I just purchased a 2016 jayco 287bhsw trailer. There does not appear to be any levels on it anywhere. Assuming there are not any there form the factory, where do you guys recommend me installing them? Would you just put them on the frame up front or on the trailer itself?
Also, i have not been able to look over it that much (had it 1 day and left on business trip), but there does not appear to be any gas line output to connect a lp bbq to the main line. Is there one but i am missing it? If not what is the best kit to get this done?
There were quite a few options that this did not have that a lot of others (keystone, forest river) did have but in the end i would rather have jayco quality over extras that i can add later.
Thanks in advance.
lpasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:36 AM   #2

I use a 2' level to set up my rig side to side and front to back and i just keep it in the trailer.
At one point i had purchased some bubbles that mounted to the side of the rig and attached them after the unit was leveled. They just never really worked well. They would get me close but my SO always required it to be fine tuned. So we just keep the level in HER cabinet and I do as I am told With the tounge jack......

Im really hoping the rig we have coming with the auto-levelling jacks works.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:49 AM   #3

I carefully leveled our trailer in our driveway and then applied two of these, one so it shows front to rear and the other so it shows side to side. They are pretty accurate if you take time setting the trailer up and attaching them.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:29 AM   #4

I also have the 287bhsw i picked up in January, which is same floor plan as a 28bhbe but not as fancy, hence not as many options, have been out in 3 times and we love it there is no line for a bbq pit connection, i bought one of those coleman folding pits to me that was eaiser than running a lpg line. Also like some said i use a 3ft level to get the rig level, to me its more accurate than those little levels, we traded out forest river flagstaff for this trailer and i can tell the quality is much better in the jayco.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:50 AM   #5

Thanks guys.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:24 AM   #6

You should have a lp manifold under your trailer. I have a 267bhsw and noticed that i have an extra port that is not being used that you could connect a grill to.
swtbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:13 PM   #7

I was just going to ask that. I had my first chance to really look over it today and start loading it with stuff. There is a lp port with one line in and 4 lines out (splitting to fridge, water heater, furnace, and stove). There is one plugged port in the end. Can i simply remove that plug and plum in a rubber line with a quick disconnect for lp? If so , does anyone know what size the threads are? Thanks
Old 05-31-2016, 03:39 AM   #8
Site Team

Be aware of your grills pressure requirement. Those manifolds are usually low pressure for the fridge , furnace and wh. If you grill has a built in regulator it will present problems performing as normal.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:13 PM   #9

I just purchased a coleman roadtrip grill with a removable regulator. Has anyone else plumed into the splitter before to use it?