Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #1

New to Jayco

Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada!

I've been floating around this site for about a week now and can see it is full of die hard Jayco owners. I currently have a 2006 Springdale 299BHDS which has been a good trailer, roomy floorplan, no major problems. My wife and I had some of the winter blues last week (-38C) and started looking at new trailers and floorplans. (options are limitless) We've narrowed our search down to the 2013 Jayco 32TSBH w outdoor kitchen, elite, and thermal packages. The back room will be great for the kids and we always have friends and/or family with us. We generally don't go to many Provicial Parks or Campgrounds. We have several locations to go were there is no electricty or cell service. Just peace and quiet and lots of fish! I have been towing my 14' Naden fishing boat behind our current trailer. In Ontario we are able to as long as we don't exceed 23m or 73ft. I'm 72ft and have to take my outboard motor off. lol My truck pulls the combination with ease and I still get 12-14mpg. My kids call it the LocoMax cause it looks like a train.
Anyways, is there anything I should be aware of before I sign on the dotted line regarding certain options, certain flaws(nothing is perfect), warranties, trailer construction, trundle bed vs. J-Cube?? We have a great RV Dealer here in town so thats not really an issue. I know the 32TSBH is a fairly new model but hopefully there are a few current owners out there with a little feedback for me.. Any recommendations or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Air lift 5000 Air bags, 3.73 gears
2013 Jayco 32TSBH - Elite, Thermal, Outdoor kitchen :)
Lycheers LED colour awning lights :)
14Ft Naden D\W 15hp Evinrude
NrthrnCmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #2

Welcome to the JOF!

I am not familiar with that model or current options, but someone here will be.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #3

Welcome to the JOF nrthrncamper! How exciting to be shopping for a new rv! Not sure if this can help you, but click on the link in my signi below. It may be of some help working numbers with a dealer. Happy shopping and let us know how it goes
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #4

You came to the right place NrthrnCmpr. Welcome to the forum.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #5

I have a 32TSBH, and we love it. It has a ton of room. We prefer the Jaycubes because they provide a lot more options and are very comfortable. You can move them completely out of the way, fold the bunks up and set up a card table and chairs back there with ease.

If you have any specific questions let me know. I haven't seen one with the outdoor kitchen - kind of curious where they put it.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #6

I just went and looked at the pictures of the outdoor kitchen, pretty cool. A couple thoughts I had:

Decide whether the room in the bunkhouse is more or less than the space taken up by the kitchen. I have 6 kids the sleep comfortably in the bunkhouse, but I don't think they could do that with the kitchen. The fold down bunk where the kitchen is looks to be a single, vs a king that the Jay Cube unfolds to.

Depending on where you camp (& this doesn't sound like to will be an issue for you) that big fold up door, on the end of a 3 foot slide out, could cause clearance issues - with neighboring campers or trees.

You will also loose a big window in the back.

For me, and outdoor kitchen is kind of neat, but I use a Coleman roadtrip grill, Coleman 2 burner skilled and a electric griddle as my outdoor kitchen. A small fridge like that would be neat, but even though getting ice is a pain, nothing keeps the beer colder than a cooler full of ice. Speaking of which, I am looking into ice makers this year....
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #8

Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome!
We are looking forward to our new Jayco TT....our first trip will be 5000+km west across Canada and back. We are gonna dip into the states thru Duluth, Fargo, Missoula etc. then back up to Canada near Vancouver. Any recommendations on where we should stop?
@Ranger431 - Thanks for the input. For our needs the outdoor kitchen far outweighs the space lost to the lower bunk. We have a couple of queen airbeds if needed. Loss of a window not an issue for us. Clearance for the flip up kitchen door is not an issue. Where we go there are usually no other trailers in sight and we step out onto a beach. We are blessed with endless fresh water lakes and places to stop and enjoy. When we go to provincial parks we'll have to be aware of that issue. Oh, and don't worry...the beer is always in ice
I'm glad to here you love your trailer. I love the fact the Jayco has the huge fresh water tank, almost double our last trailer. The kids love flushin the toilet over and over.... Have you had any issues with anything yet? I realize it is fairly new still but ya never know. tks
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #9

I too have a 32TSBH, and we love it. No outdoor kitchen though. Mine is a 2012, and the outdoor kitchen was not offered. Even if it was, I think I would have passed on it as the interior room is more important to me. If I am not mistaken it is a fridge, sink and small propane stove. I guess it could come in handy. I had only one minor issue with my TT. It was leaking under the bathtub. One connection was lose, and they had not sealed around the water fauset in the bathtub. Mine is kept at a cg across the street from the dealer, and they came right over and fixed it. I don't have the J Cubes, I have the trundle bed option. The J cubes look cool. One member here mentioned that his/her elderly parent could not sleep on the J cubes. If that is your case, keep that in mind. I have not used the trundle beds as of yet. Mine has a fold down table in the back which is nice. I am more than pleased with the construction of the TT. Hope this helps, but in the end, get what best fits your needs
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #10

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I appreciate all the info and suggestions so far. Keep em coming
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #11

Thanks Ranger431 for your input! For our needs the outdoor kitchen outweighs the space lost in the trailer. We have a queen air mattress we can throw on the floor if need be.
We had a nice set-up for a kitchen but this will simplify things for us. Clearance won't be an issue for us but thats a good thing to be aware of for the times we do stop and a provincial park. Oh and don't worry the beer is always on ice
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #12

New to Jayco

We also have a 2012 32TSBH. It's a great camper and the space is amazing and almost unrivaled in many RVs we've seen. I happened to notice last year that Jayco is offering an outdoor kitchen with it now. Pretty cool, but for us the extra space is more valuable. To each their own. The J-cubes are equally amazing as the 10'x14' space in back and can be completely removed providing a lot of flexibility. Keep in mind also that you'll want to have your bumper reinforced at a local shop before you hitch up your boat. The 32TSBH's bumper is pretty stout on it's own and can easily handle a suitable RV bike rack with 80lbs of bikes, but towing is a whole different deal. The 32TSBH is a sharp camper and you'll really enjoy it!
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #13

Has anyone had experience with Jayco's extended warranty? They offered us another 5yr warranty and if you don't claim anything during that time you get your original cost back... I'm always sceptical regarding these "extended warranties". Our 32tsbh has been officially ordered but will take a couple months probably to get here. We are excited for warm weather!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #14

What a great trailer - way too much for our humble needs at this point, but very nice.

I asked some similar questions about dealer options and warranty extensions and got some good advice here
2005 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD
2012 Human Child - The Peanut
and occasionally our 2 fur children:
2008 Basset Hound - Eliot
2006 Mini Dachshund - Dylan
Murphy's Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #15

I've never heard of that, sounds interesting.

I.just dropped my TT off for some minor warranty work. Really nothing I couldn't take care of.

The door lock stuck, a drawer was a little loose, a trim.price along the tub was loose.

The only things I was really concerned about, but hadn't became a problem yet was the seam tape on the tops.of the slides looked like it was starting to pull up, and there is a nail or screw on the roof that looks like is is backing out, and causing the rubber roof to look like a little tent - wanna get that fixed before a leak.

I'm on my 3rd Jaycco, and have been very impressed with the quality on all of them, and the customer service has always.been great.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #16

We have a great dealer here aswell and I'm convinced they will take care of me if I have any issues. Our salesman was great, knew the product and never pushed us for anything. This will be my first Jayco TT and by the sounds of it I'm in good hands. I think the extra warranty was from some other company, I'm gonna pass on it.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrthrnCmpr View Post
Has anyone had experience with Jayco's extended warranty? They offered us another 5yr warranty and if you don't claim anything during that time you get your original cost back... I'm always sceptical regarding these "extended warranties". Our 32tsbh has been officially ordered but will take a couple months probably to get here. We are excited for warm weather!
We did the same thing with the warranty, I too am still skeptical about it and haven't used it so that is a good thing. One thing we were told is you have to ask for the money if you don't use it they don't just send you a cheque and you have a limited period to get it. I hope I don't have to use it but it is some piece of mind in the mean time. We have been very happy with our trailer. Warranty issues were looked after quickly for us and without issue, we just had some little things that I think most people have with a new trailer regardless of brand. We will start looking at Jayco when we are ready for a new trailer.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #18

One thing I can't stress / recommend enough, especially if you are financing any of It is gap insurance

Our last Jayco was a little over a year old when it was stolen (32 BHDS), and the thought of having to pay for something you no longer have would tear me up. A wreck could be just as bad.

I did buy the extended warranty, it wasn't that much more, and knowing my luck I would have a fridge or AC go out the week after the factory warrant expired.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #19

Another question for you 32TSBH owners.....Where abouts is that huge fresh water tank mounted and how does it affect the tongue weight when full? I'm hoping it's mounted closer to the trailer axles so they can take most of the weight. We often are gone for a week and will rely solely on that water source so it will be full when towing....
Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #20

New to Jayco

Hmmm... Funny you asked that I have a thread on here that shares my experience with this topic when I picked up our new 32TSBH after the PDI. There are actually two 40 gallon or so connected freshwater tanks towards located more towards the front. I had my Shurline scale handy and before I hitched up I happened to check the tongue weight to verify everything was good. Needless to say my shock when the needle hit 1200+ lbs. It took me a second, but I realized they had left the freshwater tanks full from a test they did earlier. We opened the valves, drained the tanks, and sure enough, we dropped around 200 lbs. off the tongue weight. There's your answer
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote