Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #1

New trailer

My DW and I recently picked up a new 2016 23RLSW. I'm just wondering what other owners think of theirs. So far we've changed out the toilet for one that sat higher, had a 32" tv installed in the living area, and a 24" tv was placed in the bedroom area, also a battery disconnect was placed on the trailer. What are some of the mods that others have added?
FLASHY35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:03 AM   #2

Really haven't done much to my new 2016 23RLSW. Added Camcorder screens to the refrigerator and furnace vents, and had the dealer add a topper to the slide-out. Thought about upgrading the toilet, decided not to. Happy with the TV. Not really a mod, but added a TPMS with a repeater - tapped into one of the the bedroom reading lights to power that.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #3

FLASH35, on your toilet replacement, does it restrict the shower door opening even more or is it about the same size as the original one?

What brand and model did you use?

Really like the floor plan though storage is limited. Wish the shower door was a 2 piece slider.

I've also added a slide topper and a 40" TV to the living area. See this post.

http://http://www.jaycoowners.com/fo...lsw-36240.html

Added a Maxairr vent cover, didn't like the exposed messy wiring by the front A frame so I added wire loom from Harbor Freight and also put it on the exposed LP hose going along the bottom of the A frame just for added protection.

I have a aluminum locking battery box on order, and have added a lock to the LP tanks. I have to store my TT so just trying to make it a little more difficult for those who might have sticky fingers.

Plan on installing a 30 amp conversion kit, battery disconnect switch, replacing the sofa - hide a bed with a residential love seat with recliners. and probably numerous other small things as they become evident.

I can't leave well enough alone and have to tinker & play a lot.

Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:33 PM   #4

Wireman, I had my dealer replace the toilet with a Dometic High Profile 310. It's higher which works for my bad knees. The shower door is still a tight fit but I just have to be careful on opening it. I will also have to figure some way to keep the shower door closed while it is being used. It has popped open while the shower is being used {not fun}. So far, two trips in the books and a good time was had by all.
FLASHY35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #5

Flashy35, will consider the toilet replacement. Added the locking battery box, and did the 30 amp conversion this weekend. Also removed the sofa/bed to get ready for the love seat/recliner in the next few weeks.

I think I also will add a hard wired surge protector while I have the couch area open.

I assume your bedroom TV location is along the drivers side wall. Ours is prewired on the wall between the bedroom entry and the bathroom entry from the bedroom.

Only enough room for a 19" TV or it would extend into the door entry area's.

I'm also looking to change out the rear taillights to LED units in due time.

It's always something that gets added to the list. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Really haven't done much to my new 2016 23RLSW. Added Camcorder screens to the refrigerator and furnace vents, and had the dealer add a topper to the slide-out. Thought about upgrading the toilet, decided not to. Happy with the TV. Not really a mod, but added a TPMS with a repeater - tapped into one of the the bedroom reading lights to power that.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
AAARRGGHHH! Dang auto spell check. That should be CAMCO, not CAMCORDER. Sheesh!

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
AAARRGGHHH! Dang auto spell check. That should be CAMCO, not CAMCORDER. Sheesh!
I just figured it was a new nighttime surveillance security system to see who may be borrowing the adult barley pops!!! Lol

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote