Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #1

New White Hawk -batteries dead in a couple of hours.

We just took our new WH 23MRB out for the first time this weekend. Plugged into shore power the whole time. Things went great. (Other than the usual electric jack. Lowing the fuse issue). Got home, unplugged, and then found the batteries dead after only two hours. Thought maybe the little outdoor fridge could be the problem if being plugged in draws power off the batteries. I unplugged the fridge last night. The trailer is connected to shore power now, so I'll disconnect when I get home to see if there is life in the batteries. Two group 24 batteries came with the trailer. Should I keep that fridge unplugged? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebelskiver View Post
We just took our new WH 23MRB out for the first time this weekend. Plugged into shore power the whole time. Things went great. (Other than the usual electric jack. Lowing the fuse issue). Got home, unplugged, and then found the batteries dead after only two hours. Thought maybe the little outdoor fridge could be the problem if being plugged in draws power off the batteries. I unplugged the fridge last night. The trailer is connected to shore power now, so I'll disconnect when I get home to see if there is life in the batteries. Two group 24 batteries came with the trailer. Should I keep that fridge unplugged? Thanks for your help.

Congrats on the new rig! Glad you're enjoying it. The fridge is 120v, not 12v. It doesn't draw off your house batteries. The problem is something else. I'd start by checking out all fuses and battery connections. I'd also install a battery cut off switch when you get a chance, to keep you DVD player and carbon monoxide detector from drawing down your batteries when the trailer is not in use.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #3

Two batteries should not go dead in two hours off shore power if they were fully charged. What was running on your way home, if I leave my frig on DC it will drain one battery in less than three hours.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
bap

Battery should charge from your TV while traveling.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #5

Checked the batteries tonight after putting in a new 30 amp fuse that was blown from the electric jack. Batteries are fully charged and there is about a .01 draw on one of the batteries. I think it was the fuse. Why does that keep happening?

Old 06-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Checked the batteries tonight after putting in a new 30 amp fuse that was blown from the electric jack. Batteries are fully charged and there is about a .01 draw on one of the batteries. I think it was the fuse. Why does that keep happening?

You will blow the jack fuse if you run the jack to the stops up or down, causes a big draw on the motor and blows the fuse, also make sure you buy slo-blow fuses they are a little more forgiving. You will have to learn where to stop going up or down to keep it from happening.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #7

Sounds about right. Thank you!

Old 06-20-2017, 04:22 AM   #8

Check your inverter....we had a similar problem in our new 2017 Eagle....batteries would not hold a charge/fully charge.

Sent from my AQT80 using Tapatalk
eafarriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:01 AM   #9
Site Team

What type of refrigerator(s) do you have?
Residential?
Regular Gas/Electric?

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:46 AM   #10

The fridge outside is an electric mini dorm fridge. I think the problem is the green 30-amp fuse on the tongue. We're still getting to know our trailer and the electric jack is too often run up or down to the limit. Due mostly to a very difficult coupler that is hard to uncouple from the truck ball. I haven't found a thread that solves that problem yet. But, Love this trailer so far!

Old 06-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #11

Difficult uncoupling? Got a new 23RB last fall. Coupled it to a 03 Chevy Tahoe with a sagging coupler. Could not unhitch when we got home. Cut and re-welded the coupler to a position horizontal with the ground solved the problem
Check to see how horizontal the hitch assembly is to the ground. At the wrong angle, the hitch will not slide up off the ball.
UPNORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #12

Quote:

Can you run a circut breaker instead of a fuse? Sometimes they want fuses in circuits instead of breakers but at least a breaker will reset itself when it cools. Not sure what is recommended. Just a suggestion.
Cranetech is offline   Reply With Quote