Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #1

New White Hawk Shower Drain Problem

Thought I'd share an interesting maintenance issue with everyone. The shower in my brand new White Hawk 30 DSRE was draining slowly so I used a plunger, figured loose hair, ect., was blocking the drain. After plunging, would not drain at all, completely stopped up. Gray water tank drained and nothing else was stopped up. I ended up removing the short 90 degree drain fitting underneath the shower drain and inside the drain pipe was a very flexable 2 barreled rubber "hose" about 4 inches long that was completley blocking the shower drain. Called the service department at the dealer where I purchased the RV and the tech explained that Jayco had started putting these rubber, he called it a valve, inside the drain pipe to keep hair from blocking the drain. From looking at the valve, I couldn't figure out how it would work. Anyway, he said he'd recently worked on several stopped-up drains and all were caused by the flimsy rubber valve and that he simply removed them. That's what I did and it easily pulled out - problem solved. The valve was so flimsy, the pressue of the plunger caused the valve to suck back and tangle up. Be warned, if you ever use a plunger on your drain and it won't drain afterwards, this could be the problem. Didn't think to ask the service tech if Jayco was doing this in other models.
BF&W Nisa and Sophie the Chewinnie
2017 Ford F-150, 3.5 Ecoboost, Max Tow
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
Bstar1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting this information. I too have a White Hawk, but so far no drainage problems with our shower..
But if the drain does slow down, I'll know where I will look first!!
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #3

I guess this is some type of one way flapper valve to minimize the gray water gas and back washing from backing out floor drain?
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 04:36 PM   #4

Drain issue

Hi! We’re having the same issue! How did you end up fixing this!?
Madeline298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 05:26 PM   #5

I would make sure they didn't remove what's knows as a HepV valve. It is a one way valve that replaces a P - Trap especially in low clearance situations like under the shower pan of an RV. You need a P - trap to capture sewer gases and prevent the smells from coming back onto the camper.

What you are describing sounds like it may have been a HepV valve.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote