Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #1

Newb Jayco owners

Brought home our new Jay Flight 33bhts on Saturday, and I must say, it is a beast of a trailer, but tows better than our old 26 footer! Looking for any helpful advice and tips/tricks in order to make our camping trips enjoyable this camping season. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #2

I noticed in your other thread you mentioned having an Equalizer. I have been towing my 32BHDS with the 4 point equalizer for about a year and a half now and love the hitch. When it's set up right it tows wonderfully. If you haven't done so already, invest in the necessary tools to keep everything nice and tight and throw them in your TT or your truck and take them with you. The sockets on my equalizer tend to get lose and need to be tightened up to 45ft/lbs after tight maneuvering. Same goes for the set screw and link plates on occasion. Getting to the campground safe and stress free is step one for me when we head out and a good hitch setup helps make that happen.
ctrom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #3

Recently purchased a JayFlight Swift 265RLS. This is our first TT so I have had a blast buying all kinds of new stuff. I went with the equalizer hitch and for a newb I had no problems hauling it or backing it. The hitch made a little racket which took some getting use to but all and all it felt like I was in control.
bgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

Hello All

This is my first post on the site as well as my official announcement that I purchased my first TT and it IS a JAYCO. The new addition to my life is a 28DSBH White Hawk Summit edition. I have not taken delivery yet (due to my schedule) but I am excited to take it out on an already planned trip mid May.
I was doing a lot of research online and walked through about 40-50 trailers before I made my choice. I have heard only good things and I can't wait to set out on new adventures.

I didn't even know they had a forum like this for one brand. This site is set up the same as CruiseCritic (forums for cruisers) which I am on.
NJ Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #5

Very good information! I always keep an assortment of tools in a tool bag in the tv anyway.(You never know what you or someone else will need while on the road or at a campsite) I will definitely keep a very close eye on the hitch hardware. Thanks!!!