Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Yep, pressure regulator recommended to protect your plumbing from high pressure.
I like the brass one, Home Depot or Amazon. Should be $5-$8.

Best regards,

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #12
You might be inclined to open your black water holding tank while in an RV park with sewer. That's not a good idea. Keep that valve closed until nearly full or time to leave. Expect your black water tank gauge to show full all the time. Most of them get gummed up. It's okay to leave the grey water valve open, but close it a day before you plan to dump your black tank so you accumulate some grey water in order to flush the hose out after you dump your black water. And make absolutely sure you have water in your water heater tank Before you turn it on.

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #13
Ooh. Great advice. Thanks. I kind of wondered how to clean the hose after emptying black. Separate questions:

1) I hooked up today and have a blown bulb in tail light. Replaced it, no problem....then left turn signal caused flashers to start. Figured out that the two blades (for the 1157)were touching. I went to fix that and one broke loose from the plastic housing. I think I got it back in/on where it would work, but now I get NO lights on the back of TT. Checked fuses at panel (under refrigerator in mine) but all look good. Are there fuses somewhere else? Is there a separate fuse for the tail/brake light send on the 7 pin in my F150?

2) replaced the bulb in the light ont he front of TT by the tongue, but it still doesn't work. The switch on it could be bad, but is there a switch inside TT that supplies power to that light?

3) one more-if I insert my Equal-i-zer all the way in it will reach to the 2nd hole on my hitch. Better to push it all the way in, or stop at the first hole? Seems like the 2nd would be stronger, but it does draw the TT a few inches closer to the truck.

tmsbandman is offline   Reply With Quote