Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #1

Newbie to TT world and need some direction

My wife and I just bought a 2015 264BH and I would like to install a led TV above my dinette but have no idea on what type of hardware to use. I use to install them in homes but the trailers have such thin walls not sure what to use. Any ideas?
kmckappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #2

264BH is the same as the 26BH, right? If so my previous 26BH had a factory installed TV in that location. I believe there was backing to support the TV and bracket. It was on a basic non-articualting bracket.

In the bedroom there was a spot for another TV, not installed. However, the factory has placed a sticker indicating where the backing was.

If your 264BH doesn't have a sticker near the dinette I would try email Jayco to confirm the presence of backing. Otherwise, I would place a piece if plywood on the back of the wall, in the bunk area, and bolt it through, not screw it in.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #3

Yeah it's should be the same. Thanks I will ask jayco if there is backing
Old 05-29-2015, 06:52 PM   #4

Call jayco with Vin #
They will email u a pdf drawing of any wall in question so u can see where there is backing...I did this and the drawing was right on
Old 05-29-2015, 06:52 PM   #5

You don't need to bolt it thru the wall but the screws that come in most TV wall mounts are too long. I do not leave the TVs up when we travel bu the mounts I have can be unbolted easily with a single 5mm allen head. Here is the mount we have in both the kitchen and bedroom areas:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

The plywood backer is fairly easy to find with a stud finder. Use a small finish nail or drill bit to confirm you hit the backer...the sticker in my bedroom was lower than the backer.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:59 PM   #6

Cool thanks for the info I'll give it a try
Old 05-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #7

I've been researching this same question as well. We just purchased the 264BHW and haven't taken delivery yet but the TV install will happen soon after we get it.

From what I've read, don't trust the plywood backer to be 100% in the center of the sticker on the wall. They vary. I can't remember off the top of my head but in another thread in this forum someone found that it was 13"x14" and about a 1/2" thick.

Like iraqvet05 mentioned, using shorter screws than the ones that come with the mount are a must as well as finding one that can be removed while in transit.

This is the mount that was suggested in a previous thread that I think I'll end up ordering : https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LZ...I1U6MADFFRU70N

Please reply back when you're done so we know how it went and what you used!!

TT: 2016 Jay Flight SLX 264BHW (first RV!)
TV: 2010 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L 4x4 w/ Max Tow Package
charliebravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #8

I take delivery next week. I have already purchased a 24" smart LED and I'm going to just flat mount it. (I think) I'm going to head to lowes tomorrow to look at different screws or bolts. When I'm done I'll post pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebravo View Post
I've been researching this same question as well. We just purchased the 264BHW and haven't taken delivery yet but the TV install will happen soon after we get it.

From what I've read, don't trust the plywood backer to be 100% in the center of the sticker on the wall. They vary. I can't remember off the top of my head but in another thread in this forum someone found that it was 13"x14" and about a 1/2" thick.

Like iraqvet05 mentioned, using shorter screws than the ones that come with the mount are a must as well as finding one that can be removed while in transit.

This is the mount that was suggested in a previous thread that I think I'll end up ordering : https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LZ...I1U6MADFFRU70N

Please reply back when you're done so we know how it went and what you used!!
Old 05-30-2015, 01:23 AM   #9

Make sure you have enough room for the tv. I bought a 22inch tv and its to tall because of where the mount is however it fit in the bedroom. I will have to get a tv several inches smaller for above the dinette area.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:06 AM   #10

Yeah I went and measured the area 2x yesterday before I bought the TV. I'm sure the sales guys are sick of me by know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkochmit1 View Post
Make sure you have enough room for the tv. I bought a 22inch tv and its to tall because of where the mount is however it fit in the bedroom. I will have to get a tv several inches smaller for above the dinette area.