Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #1

No black tank flush in 2015 23 MBH White Hawk

Greetings all! After months of shopping and researching our first TT, we finally settled on the 23 MBH. After looking at so many models that had a black tank flush, I assumed that they all did. Our 2015 23 MBH White Hawk does not. Any guesses as to why it was not included on a non base model unit? I wouldn't think it would take up much space, add weight, or increase cost significantly. I'm new to this and may be missing something.
Snaporaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #2

Not sure why they didn't include it....however it could be your first of many mods.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
Site Team

You could look on the spec sheet that came with uour new rig to see ifit was supposed to be on it. It is not a mod and even if you don't want to tackle it you can get a back flusher that attaches to the sewer drain that will facilitate back flushing all the tanks, or a wand that goes down the toiler from above.

Cheer up, it is not a biggie.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #4

Oh, no worries here. This trailer is absolutely fantastic. We were on the fence about the 2014 but as soon as we walked into the 2015 we knew our search was over. I was open to the possibility that there might be a good reason to not include one. I've been crawling through it some more today and decided it was a space issue since the drain is on the bottom of the trailer and not in a bay.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #5

Just brought ours a couple of weeks ago. Noticed the same thing, but it's no biggie for us. We just towed ours from NC to Texas. Love it so far. On a different note, I think you will be greatly pleased with how well the Murphy bed sleeps.
Beatcop49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:42 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
We have a 2014 model (only 3 month old so it must be at the end of the model year) and when I was looking in thought that to so we ended up buying a clear adapter with a a hose connection that would send water back into the tank to help flush it out. Also even though it seems water wasteful I read t o fill your black tank as much as possible before dumping. We did that and dumping was easy and at the end of the process the water was running clean so I figured we did ok. I thought about adding a black flush tank but my trailer has the enclosed underbelly so I would not know where to begin.

On a different note the Murphy bed sleeps well. We did find that we had to buy a ladder for our little one to climb up into the bunk (yes I know that was off topic sorry)
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #7

The 23MBH is one that we are considering. How much of a chore is it to go from sofa to bed and back again? Do you ever wish you had gotten a TT with separate sofa and bed? Do you have adequate storage? I had heard that storage was lacking. Just curious to know more about the 23MBH from people who own one.
edwardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #8

The sofa to bed conversion is really easy. First lay back the sofa then pull down the bed from the wall. No real effort required. Storage is going to be tight. There is some bonus room under the couch for bulky bedding storage that should he considered. The bunks make great storage areas when unused as well.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardo View Post
The 23MBH is one that we are considering. How much of a chore is it to go from sofa to bed and back again? Do you ever wish you had gotten a TT with separate sofa and bed? Do you have adequate storage? I had heard that storage was lacking. Just curious to know more about the 23MBH from people who own one.
Changing from bed to sofa and back is no chore at all....less than 2 minutes from couch to bed, or back. As for storage, there are only my wife, myself and 2 ****zhu dogs. We are full timers (sort of). My wife is a travel nurse. We find the storage quite adequate. We use the bunks for storage. The 23 is easily managable, on the road, and parking in campgrounds. We have a friend who full times in a 28 footer. Wehave more room than she does because we don't lose floor space to a bed...we just fold it up.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #10

I agree to the ease of the bed. Initially thought the storage was going to be tight as well but we moved up from a PUP so we were used to packing light and small. We are also not full timing so we don't have RP pack everything. I do agree about the pulling ease and other comments. My wife made a good choice
Old 05-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #11

We, a family of four, have always packed lightly for car camping and are finding ourselves with lots of extra space. But we haven't actually travelled in it yet. I'm sure every trip we will think of something to fill it with.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #12

To get back to the black flush we bought a clear 45 degree hydro flush. That has helped us flush out our black tank until it is almost dry. It does run clear after I am done but I make sure to leave a little water in it.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #13

We just ordered the 23MBH today and was wondering about a ladder for the bunks, what type and where did you find one

Thanks
Hchunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #14

I just use the Flush King on ours to keep the black tank clean.
PowerStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #15

Survived previous TT's w/o back flush feature so wouldn't consider this a biggie on your WH. Why they didn't install one in this model [other WH's???] was probably just a cost savings. Even $20 or 30 bucks per unit adds up.

Our 2014 WH 30dsre came with a flush feature. Just used it last week for the first time. In the past I have always found that following the recommendations and topping off the Black tank with water before dumping will do a good job removing solids from the BT. Plan is to fill and dump at the CG and only flush if there is not a line at the dump station. Its easy to wait until we're home and do a flush and then use the tote. We live in the boonies and just take the tote well away from the house and dump it.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote