Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
The fridge in my 2013 WH 30DSRE works great. The thermostat is inside of mine rather than on the outside back which makes it a lot easier to turn on and set. Mine will act like a freezer if I turn it to the lowest setting.

Joelton, TN
2013 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7 Diesel 3.55 Long Bed
2013 Jayco White Hawk 30DSRE
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #12
I took out mine also. We only boondock with no AC so it was of no use to us. I was able to remove it easily.
The space I recovered by taking it our I installed a hose real and hose to capture water from the lake we camp at.

tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #13
Love the idea, very handy, use for drinks and misc overflow from the main fridge. Even put bait [shrimp] in there when camping near the gulf. What I don't like is the top / rear position of the temp control. Impossible to "see" where you have it set and its all by feel. Had a "dorm" fridge in our garage when one of the kids brought one back from University. Kept my beer and cokes out there and kept us out of wife's main kitchen fridge.

I figure when this one dies I'll replace it with a unit I find on sale at Wally World or on-line with a normal inside temp control and all will be good. The space I would recover by removing the fridge would quickly be filled w/ more stuff we probably don't need so I see no gain from removing the fridge.

Great idea by Jayco, really stupid decision by someone who selected the model with the top/rear control.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote