Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
On order - 2013/14 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS

After a long search we've sold our Forester Class C (bunk model) and have placed an order with RVDirect for a 2013/14 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS. We searched many different models and narrowed it down to the Eagle and a Crossroads. Very difficult choice but Crossroads recently changed their standard warranty to one year and it seemed that overall the Jayco Eagle could be had with more features for roughly the same price and twice the warranty.

We are very excited to be "new" Jayco owners. We previously owned a Jayco hybrid several years ago so this will be a home coming for us to Jayco. We have visited Jayco 3 years ago for the factory tour, so we know Jayco builds a great product.

RVDirect is saying the lead time for the Eagle line is about 8 weeks right now, so lets hope the snow starts melting soon so we can have delivery in late April.

Cheers!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #3

Congratulations Webber Family!! Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #4

Thank you

Now the wait. Snowing again today....
Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #5

I ordered my Jayco Eagle 334RBTS 2-3 months ago and just picked it up last week. What a beautiful trailer!! I ordered it fully loaded, too. 2nd A/C, upgraded kitchen countertops, table and chairs, outside kitchen, slide out cargo/bike rack tray, outside grill, sleeper sofa, and a few other things. I love this trailer!! What a smooth pull! Pull it with a 3/4 ton. I think it weighs more than other brands with same floorplan but maybe that's why it pulls so smooth and the slide outs are heavy duty. The whole trailer is heavy duty meets luxurious. I bought mine in Michigan and drove it home to Seattle in the winter. Saved more than 10 grand even after all the gas and hotels I paid for the 5,000 mile round trip!
Swingrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #6

Just got word it will be built last week of March! Very excited, all Lino option and factory slide toppers, can't wait!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
After a long search we've sold our Forester Class C (bunk model) and have placed an order with RVDirect for a 2013/14 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS. We searched many different models and narrowed it down to the Eagle and a Crossroads.
Cheers!
=============================

Have the 2014 models come out now???

I don't see anything on the Jayco website.
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
=============================

Have the 2014 models come out now???

I don't see anything on the Jayco website.

The next model year is usually launched around May. But the website does not update until August for some reason. Based solely on it being done this way in the past I would say the 2014 models are not out yet. I suppose it is possible some units ordered now may not be delivered until May, in which case they may be 2014`s.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #9

Jayco doesn't change the website until months after they've been building the next model year - Forest River was worse, sometimes nearly a year behind in new information.

RVDirect stated the model change varies by product line and is from April-May. They won't know what model year mine is until the unit hits the line and the VIN# is sent to them - so I could get a 13' or 14', either way I'm good and it wasn't a factor in our purchase. My only criteria is that it's factory fresh and not a on-the-lot queen.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Jayco doesn't change the website until months after they've been building the next model year - Forest River was worse, sometimes nearly a year behind in new information.

RVDirect stated the model change varies by product line and is from April-May. They won't know what model year mine is until the unit hits the line and the VIN# is sent to them - so I could get a 13' or 14', either way I'm good and it wasn't a factor in our purchase. My only criteria is that it's factory fresh and not a on-the-lot queen.

There have been some members who made their choices based on the current model year interior decor and option offerings and they would be changed on the new model year. Some are pleasantly surprised by the changes while a few are disappointed.
So I guess it could be a plus to get the current year to ensure your choices are in your unit, or it could be a plus to get the next years changes, if any. Of course most years there are few if any changes. Not a biggie either way though.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #11

We love that floorplan and have it on our wish list as the next trailer... but we would need a more stout tow vehicle, so need to start saving for that first.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #12

Quote:

Before I ordered my Eagle 324 BTS two weeks ago I emailed Jayco and asked when they would start production of 2014's. The response was April 24. Lead time was 8-10 weeks at that time, and I received notice from RVDirect that the estimated completion time of my trailer is "late April." So, it will most likely be a 2013.

I also inquired about any changes to my model for 2014, but they would not reveal that information. I would have preferred to hold off for a 2014 just in case the 2-3 things that I consider to be shortcomings about the trailer would happen to be changed. But, I did not want to wait any longer to order, as camping season for us begins in May.

I have read about some people who have ordered a current model year trailer towards the end of the production year, yet changes/upgrades scheduled for the following year's model were still added. Unlikely, but possible.
sodakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #13

It's really not all that difficult to find out when your trailer will be made. Phone Jayco (probably will talk with Judy) and ask them when they are scheduling the next build run on your model trailer. They should be able to tell you within a tweo day time frame. They schedule production runs two months in advance. Stands to reason since they must have all the various appliances in stock when they start production.

Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #14

Really doesn't bother me what year it is, hence I'll happily wait till I find out the actual build date :hihi:
Old 03-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #15

Well - RVDirect contacted me today, unit went into production and I have the VIN#. Pretty darn excited! I was told the unit will be off late this week or first next week then it will wait for transport to Albany NY.

Looking forward to doing the PDI and taking delivery!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Site Team

I hope yours goes as well as mine did. We also purchased from their Albany facility. Good thorough PDI by a polite and knowledgeable tech and overall a pleasant experience. The only thing they got wrong was the hitch adjustment, I brought my own hitch with me and they installed it for me for free but I had to readjust at the campground best I could as the cams and cam arms were clearly not lined up. Old style Reese dual cam, they may not have seen many of those. We camped about 30 miles away that night to give everything a good tryout before coming home the next day. That was 3 1/2 years ago and my trailer has never been back to a dealer for any reason. My only warranty issue was a defective toilet water valve which Thetford sent me for free, I installed it.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #17

I'm having them deliver it, my wife and I are driving to Albany (about 3.5 hours from here) and doing the PDI. They will have a week or so to make any adjustments (lead time for their delivery driver). If this goes like my 2005 Jayco Jayfeather it'll be some drawer adjustments, a few spots of caulking, and some minor adjustments. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
Site Team

Sounds like a plan! Best of luck.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #19

Found out Jayco is a few weeks behind in transporting unit. Sadly still waiting for unit to leave the factory, that will put a damper on our early camping season. I thought we ordered early enough to avoid this but fate seems to have had a different thought!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #20

We are eagerly waiting for our new Eagle 284BHS. I've been told that the 284BHS build day is on Friday 4/12, and ours is one of them. Tentative ship date is 4/24 I'm also told.
We're pretty much on hold beyond that to get our 05 Jay Feather LGT 27P out of storage. We are dependent the snow disappearing at the county fairground where we have it stored. This year ol' man winter is holding on by his finger nails and does not want to let go.

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
2011 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX/ ALLISON
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote