Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #21
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
xkuzme1- do you mean to use the epoxy to attach a piece of plastic diamond plate like what was mentioned by JMooney?
No, I'd pull the broken pieces back into place.

...she started talking about how I never listened to her or somethin, I donno, I wasn't really paying attention...
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #22
As a recent TT buyer I would prefer to have a nice looking, small patch that's watertight. One way to do that is to combine several of the suggestions.
1. Use a filled epoxy such as J-B Weld to fill in the damaged area. This will make it both mechanically secure and watertight.
2. Get a piece of aluminum flat stock from a hardware store, something in the 1/16 inch thickness range, and cut a square piece to fit over the damaged area.
3. Place sealant behind the patch piece and use aluminum pop rivets to secure it in place.

My reasoning is that unless you are willing to replace the entire thread plate area it will always look "patched"; you, as the owner, can be comfortable with a mechanically secure and watertight patch; and a future buyer will be reassured that the damage was addressed in a good manner.

Ross & Joan - 2014 185RB - 2012 Ford Escape V6/4WD
RossCecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #23
well i had poked a pretty good size hole in my car trailer on the left front ... whet i did was to see how it was attached trimmed sealent around the edges pulled it off went to a metal supermarket and they cut me a new piece the exact same size i then put it back in place and resealed it and other than the fact that the diamond plate i bought was thicker and doesnt dent anymore with rocks off the tires it looks identical
Attached Thumbnails
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #24
The right way!

ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote