Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #1

Open to suggestions

Good morning, I am new to the Jayco forum so bear with me please. This Thursday we are taking delivery of our new 2016 Jayco 25BHS. We traded in a 2014 Springdale 179QBWE that was literally junk. I seriously think that I have a touch of PTSD (tongue in cheek) from our Keystone debacle. Is there anything in particular that I need to be aware of with the Jayco line? I tow with a 2006 Ford F-350 with a V10 and 4:10 gears. I am certain that I have more than enough truck to tow with albeit a bit thirsty. Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you may have. We are super excited to hit the road in our new toy!
Sparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

I had the 2010 Keystone Springdale same model and I could not wait to get rid of it. I more than agree that it was a piece of junk. I have been more than pleased with changing to a Jayco. I have no complaints. Good luck and congrats on your new camper.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:55 AM   #3

I'm picking up my new White Hawk 28dsbh Wednesday. I had a Shadow Cruiser and then a Surveyor that were really not bad trailers, but I did fix a lot of small stuff. I expect to fix a lot of small stuff on the Jayco, as well. Hopefully there will be less of it and no major problems... but time will tell. Best of luck with your new one.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:05 PM   #4

You will have no problem towing that rig with your truck. I have a Dodge Ram 2500 long bed and tow an Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS, and I hardly feel like I'm towing anything at all! Good luck!
richie t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:41 PM   #5

It sounds like you know to get a very thorough pre delivery inspection. Go over all systems, propane, electric DC and AC, water system and bypass valves and holding tanks, and heater and aircon, and tv and audio components.
Check out what brand of tires are on it and maybe work for an upgrade. I don't know what they come with but my 2013 had towmax tires and they were cheap. Running Maxxis now.
If you can drag it right to a camp zpot, then anything else that zhows up you can drag it right back.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:39 PM   #6

I came to Jayco after a bad Forest River surveyor experience. Took delivery October 15 2014. Haven't had a warrantable issue yet. Haven't had any issues, really. We average 3000 miles a year just weekend warrior pulling the 32BHDS, and really I don't have a single complaint. It's a trailer, not a high end brownstone... So I don't let little things get in the way of camping.

Seriously... No issues with the water heater, fridge, iRV radio, plumbing, furnace, nothing! Even my "blow max" tires are taking a beating and performing flawlessly.

My truck, on the other hand, could use a tune up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote