Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #11

We use plenty of totes and storage containers. Even without lids, they keep things from moving around in the cabinets.

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Reese Dual Cam HP
Tekonsha P3 controller
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #12

In my 26BH I did the following:

- Put a full width shelf in the cabinet above the dinette. Basically doubled the storage.
- Used screws and bungee cord to zig zag over the shelf opening above the stereo. Great place for bread, buns, and such and now it won't slide out while in motion.
- Popped the blank cabinet panel above the microwave out and installed a shelf and zig zag bungee. We keep frying pans and other clunky items up there.
- Bought fabric hanging shelves for inside the wardrobes. Not the greatest but easier than cutting wood.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #13

We are just setting up our 26BH. My DW put racks in most of the cabinets to effectively double the cabinet space. She set up all the drawers with silverware trays, and division bins. She has non slip drawer liners between each dish to prevent slipping around while towing. The towel bar behind the commode has a hanging 3 bin storage set.
2011 Shelby GT500 (only thing it pulls is G's)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited (DD's)
1995 F-150 short wheel base (Sold)
finally03gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewe View Post
In my 26BH I did the following:

- Put a full width shelf in the cabinet above the dinette. Basically doubled the storage.
- Used screws and bungee cord to zig zag over the shelf opening above the stereo. Great place for bread, buns, and such and now it won't slide out while in motion.
- Popped the blank cabinet panel above the microwave out and installed a shelf and zig zag bungee. We keep frying pans and other clunky items up there.
- Bought fabric hanging shelves for inside the wardrobes. Not the greatest but easier than cutting wood.
Do you have any photos of these mods?
NorfolkCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #15

little heads up...look at my sig for my trailer type

The cardboard bottom in both of our wardrobes popped out...it was held in by these flimsy little staples...happened on our first trip, not much weight in there...I had to glue and screw them back in place

same thing happened in pantry...these shelves are attached by flimsy staples...screwed the stripping into the trailer wall (above shelf stripping was screwed in, don't know why this one wasn't)

I don't know who decided it was a good idea to use staples for construction, especially things that needed to hold weight...so be prepared to fix things like this...if this is the worst problem I have ill be fine lol...more or an irritant than anything
Old 09-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #16

264BHW Modifications

All good ideas. The hanging soft sided shelves seems to be common mod and we did the same thing in the hanging closets in the front.

We also added simple plastic spice holders inside the upper cabinets (on the door). These work great with the skinny neck McCormick spice containers.

Command Hooks, Command Hooks, Command Hooks... use these everywhere. Installed 2 hooks with a cargo net stretched between on the wall to store clothes to keep them off the floor.

I also get great ideas from boat galleys on how to leverage overhead spaces.

I am wanting to add cabinets to extend from the overhead sink cabinets. I have seen similar models with nicer trim package that has these. Is this something you can buy or simply have a decent carpenter add?

Has anyone added any storage to the back bumper? It would be nice to have some extra places to keep a generator, bikes, chairs, etc. Not sure if the back bumper can support such a thing.
craighope70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:01 AM   #17

No on the back bumper in most cases, unless they've been integrated into the frame. Spare tire is about it.
tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:08 AM   #18

Ditto on soft hanging racks in front wardrobes.
Ditto on Command Hooks.
Ditto on some sort of shelving inside cabinets maximize and organize.
I use tubs underneath for everything, don't like scrabbling around for loose stuff.
We put small baskets on bunk walls with Command Hooks for kids headphones, chargers. We also have soft side folding totes for their clothes in bunk areas.
We put canvas shoe bag on foot of bed, and clear plastic shoe bag on bathroom wall for meds, toiletries.

tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote