Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #21

We are super excited. Just got our ship date for April 12th. Not exactly sure what that means. Makes us curious as to how long after the ship date it will arrive at the dealer and be ready for the PDI. The wait is killing us too.
bradw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #22

hello again bradw. I found out our 23RLSW is finally in production. It's been 13 weeks since we ordered. I guess we caught the build cycle wrong and the wait is longer than anticipated.

You must have caught it just right if your waiting only 2-3 weeks. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #23

Wireman. We actually ordered ours the last week in Feb. so it'll be about 8 weeks or so by the time it is shipped. Just in time to go find some mushrooms hopefully.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:50 AM   #24

bradw, hopefully spring will show up soon and your camping again.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:05 AM   #25

Hello everyone,

New member here. Funny I stumbled upon this thread as I'm about to pull the trigger on the same model. Went to the dealer and they had a good sale ($28,900 or something like that) on the units they had on the lot. However I noticed that almost all of them that they carry only have the 13.5k air conditioner and I want the 15k. Dealer said they can have the 15k installed but they'll charge me $1,000 to install it. Debating on whether or not I should go this route and save a little money, or pay the full price and get it ordered the way I want it.
TwoBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBit View Post
Hello everyone,

New member here. Funny I stumbled upon this thread as I'm about to pull the trigger on the same model. Went to the dealer and they had a good sale ($28,900 or something like that) on the units they had on the lot. However I noticed that almost all of them that they carry only have the 13.5k air conditioner and I want the 15k. Dealer said they can have the 15k installed but they'll charge me $1,000 to install it. Debating on whether or not I should go this route and save a little money, or pay the full price and get it ordered the way I want it.
Depending on what these rigs have for factory options I'm not all that sure the sale price is a great deal. Jayco does not list the 15k A/C unit as an option either. So it may or may not be an option you could order from the factory. Take 30-33% off the MSRP and this is what you should be able to get the TT for. Plus freight.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebra View Post
Depending on what these rigs have for factory options I'm not all that sure the sale price is a great deal. Jayco does not list the 15k A/C unit as an option either. So it may or may not be an option you could order from the factory. Take 30-33% off the MSRP and this is what you should be able to get the TT for. Plus freight.
The 15k BTU air conditioner is an option from the factory. It's called "Customer Value Package" and it's only a $150 upgrade if you were to order it.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #28

If you go to this link and click on the options tab, you'll see the available options. 2016 White Hawk 27DSRL | Jayco, Inc.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #29

Quote:
The 15k BTU air conditioner is an option from the factory. It's called "Customer Value Package" and it's only a $150 upgrade if you were to order it.
My mistake, I didn't look at what was included in the "Customer Value Package".

You do have a dilemma.... Have it now or order and have it later.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #30

Twobit,,,, I will tell you this, when we went to the dealer they had a unit on the lot that was really close to what we wanted, with only a couple of things missing. we slept on it and decided that this is a nice size spend of money so thought we would go ahead and order it exactly how we want it. Thinking was that if we didn't do it that way that we would always wish we had those few extra options. If I were you I would consider the wait. Time goes by fast. That was one of the things we wanted was the upgraded A/C. Take care and good luck.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw View Post
Twobit,,,, I will tell you this, when we went to the dealer they had a unit on the lot that was really close to what we wanted, with only a couple of things missing. we slept on it and decided that this is a nice size spend of money so thought we would go ahead and order it exactly how we want it. Thinking was that if we didn't do it that way that we would always wish we had those few extra options. If I were you I would consider the wait. Time goes by fast. That was one of the things we wanted was the upgraded A/C. Take care and good luck.
Hey bradw. I appreciate the feed back. Yeah I think that's what I'm leaning towards. It's just the price difference is about 4 to 5k, so I'm just weighing the pro's and cons right now. That 15k AC is a must though.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #32

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Another thing to consider is how long has the camper been on the dealers lot? Does it have 1 winter under their belt while sitting idle on the lot? if you order one, it will be new! we went traveling over the weekend and there was a dealer that has the exact unit we ordered on their lot, me and DW both noticed the trailer was very dirty from sitting on the lot all winter, plus consider all the traffic that has walked through the unit. We are excited about the upgraded ac
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #33

TwoBit, Is the price difference because of the options or they want to charge you more because of a factory order?

On other threads I've posted I've stated I got 33% off the sticker including delivery on a factory order.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #34

TwoBit, on the dealer swap of the A/C unit. Seems a little high considering it's a new unit swap. Retail cost is a round $600 for a 15K unit. Dealer cost? They definitely would make $$ on it.

Maybe negotiate 30-40% off if you go that route.

I agree with bradw, the wait is hard but you get exactly what you want. But for an extra $5K I'm not sure.

Wireman
Old 03-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
TwoBit, Is the price difference because of the options or they want to charge you more because of a factory order?

On other threads I've posted I've stated I got 33% off the sticker including delivery on a factory order.
Well the salesman said the unit on the lot was on sale because it was the last one of the batched they ordered in November of last year. Newer ones are coming at the end of April, beginning of July but he doesn't know what the price will be with them. He did say it won't be this sale price.

He also said all of them that are coming in are with the 13.5k AC because that's what all people need for a TT that size. I really didn't like that answer, so I'm going to look at other dealers. It's a shame cause this dealer is about 20 minutes away from where I live and the next closest is about an hour and 20 minutes.

I'm definitely leaning towards ordering it to the way I like it, although I'd be paying a bit more. For one thing, when I was looking at the one on the lot...one of the door trims was pulled loose and hanging off the frame. Obviously it must've seen a lot of foot traffic and had people abusing it.

So with what I've been told, I should be looking at 33% off the sticker price, which I've mapped out all of my options and it came to $35, 907. I got this from Jayco's website.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:27 PM   #36

Quote:

Yeah salesperson basically said if I do a factory order, then I basically pay what the MSRP is I guess unless I misunderstood him somehow. For anyone in the California Bay Area, this is with Pan Pacific RV Center in Morgan Hill.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #37

I would verify the final cost of a factory order with them. If it's full price, forget them.

Even if you have to find someone else you will save thousands.

I don't know of anyone who paid full price for an RV of any type. Go on the internet and search your model and you will find dealers in your area.

Build one on here for a price also.

Exclusive Jayco Dealer

Wireman
Old 03-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #38

Quote:
I would verify the final cost of a factory order with them. If it's full price, forget them.

Even if you have to find someone else you will save thousands.

I don't know of anyone who paid full price for an RV of any type. Go on the internet and search your model and you will find dealers in your area.

Build one on here for a price also.

Exclusive Jayco Dealer

Wireman
Thanks Wireman! I just went to that site and built out my TT and it came to $36,244.00.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #39

I also requested a quote, so someone should be getting back to me. If I can get anywhere near the 33% off of that price, I'll definitely be a happy camper (pun intended)!
Old 03-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #40

Hey Bradw.....sorry if I hijacked your thread!