Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robp View Post
I know what you mean but it's easier to wait when you have 18" of snow on the ground!
I second that!
fourshermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #22

I bought at the end of January and was told 6 weeks. I doubt that and hope I get it within 8-10 weeks. That will put me at the beginning to middle of April.
spoon059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #23

I ordered mine in December. I am now in the 10th week and hoping it will get delivered to the dealer sometime this week or next. It came off the line about a week and a half ago. Dealer told me they had to get qualified driver before it could start it's trek from Indiana to Florida. I cannot wait to get it. I am getting really antsy. LOL.
Dawn309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #24

good luck with the winter weather they might be behind on deliveries
Old 03-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn309 View Post
...snip...Dealer told me they had to get qualified driver before it could start it's trek from Indiana to Florida. ...snip....
Yup. The weather, road conditions, the truck, and the driver all have to be ready at the same time. When it leaves Jayco, EVERYONE wants it to make the trip safely.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Yup. The weather, road conditions, the truck, and the driver all have to be ready at the same time. When it leaves Jayco, EVERYONE wants it to make the trip safely.
LOL, I know. I check the weather there almost everyday. I want everyone and everything to make the trip safely, so I figure it will be closer to the end of March, if not April before it makes it here. I am hoping for a window of time with no bad weather between here and there. It does not look like that is going to happen anytime real soon. Just think how happy I will be when it does finally make it here.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #27

I know last year they were having a terrible time getting done units delivered because they were short on drivers to haul them .... Don't know whether it was a pay deal or what but hopefully they got that fixed ... Luckily I am in Indiana and my dealer just drove up and picked my unit up when it was done
Old 03-04-2015, 07:01 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
I know last year they were having a terrible time getting done units delivered because they were short on drivers to haul them .... Don't know whether it was a pay deal or what but hopefully they got that fixed ... Luckily I am in Indiana and my dealer just drove up and picked my unit up when it was done
Hopefully that will not be the case this year for all of us out here waiting on a delivery. LOL, I don't see my dealership driving from Tampa to Indiana to pick mine up. I did check the weather again this morning and it looks like beginning Saturday, they will be above freezing for at least 4 days. Keeping my fingers crossed that Spring is on it's way.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #29

We placed our order for a new 32IBTS at the end of January 2015. We were told 10-10-12 weeks, which seems about right. Typically manufacturers build similar units in 'production runs'. So they may work on all of the various 32' models for a few weeks and then switch to the 26' models, and may not make any more 32' series for a few months. But they also make a few extra units which they may not have immediate orders for. Thats how we bought our first unit (26 BHS), we wanted a base model and the dealer told that Jayco would not be making any of those models for a few months bdcause they just ended the production run, but they did have one extra unit available with minimum options that we were able to negotiate a good deal on.
Summer is comming. Enjoy your new purchase!
mdany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:03 AM   #30

Looks like a lot of us are playing the waiting game! Atleast it allows us to look forward to a great summer! I should call my dealer to see what he has heard but I don't want to be disappointed. I guess I will wait another week. I feel like a child at Christmas. LOL. I hope everyone enjoys their purchase like I'm going to.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:15 AM   #31

Ordered our White Hawk 33BHBS in January. We pick it up today!! Took almost 10 weeks from production to delivery. Waiting stinks!!
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by robp View Post
Looks like our unit will ship on 3/5 a few days later than planned.

An update on our order...

Order placed Jan 12th
Unit off of line Mar 5th
Left Jayco Mar 13th
To arrive with us shortly.....
robp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #33

My new unit arrived at dealership this morning. I will go do inspection, sign paperwork and schedule delivery on Wednesday. I cannot wait to see it! If it was not a 2 hour drive from me, I would be going today. Tomorrow is out due to appointment already scheduled, so have to wait until Wednesday.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #34

Congratulations to all on your new trailers! We ordered ours at the end of January, and just found out that it will be shipping March 19, woohoo!

Since this is our second new purchase, a few words of advice to get the most out of your new invertment: Take some time to 'seal-in' the freshness, if you will......
I highly recommend caulking the tub area, all cabinets to the floor, seal (clear-poly, or paint) all of the raw wood (under the beds, etc), insides of drawers/cabinets, bathroom walls, outdoor kitchen areas -anywhere a potential spill may find its way.
Apply a stain-blocker (scotch-guard) to the fabrics/cushins/carpets/sofas/chairs, etc. This is your only chance to take advantage of this clean slate before the kids/dogs/friends/family move in and leave their mark.
Also prepare your accessory equipment as well. This includes the leveling/stabilizer pads, sewer hoses, water hoses, chocks, flag pole holders, chairs, etc, etc, etc.....
mdany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #35

My trailer is in, just under 8 weeks. Pretty excited, this winter has been so long. I just hope that the snow melts soon!