Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Our 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 19RD

Why do I like the Jayco Jay Flight 19RD TT ? Let me count the ways.....
First we have had a Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS but it was a little cavernous for just the two of us. The 19RD is perfect for 2 people and is a breeze to pull and set-up as it does not have a slide. We like that feature as there is less stuff to go wrong, wont leak conditioned air or heat, and wont allow bugs to crawl in to the cabin. We like how it tracks even though we have a Ford F-350 Diesel Dually which is overkill but that is what we have. It seems very spacious as we moved from a Truck Camper to the 19RD. I suppose what sold me was the three large windows in the rear where the dinette and sofa are located. Depending on where we park it, the view can be awesome. You do not usually find this view to the outside world in a small TT, mainly the larger ones and the fifth wheels.

I would like to share with y'all the discovery we were introduced to from a fellow Jayco owner. Down South we do a lot of winter camping and like our camp fire to warm our tootsies around. They had purchased a Portable Propane Gas Fire Pit from Lowe's and it is made by Garden Treasures. Here is a link to it
Shop Garden Treasures 18.5-in W 54,000-BTU Bronze Portable Steel Propane Gas Fire Pit at Lowes.com

It has 68 reviews and all are five stars! We went out and bought one and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. If you are a veteran, you can get a 10% discount. The advantages are NO Smoke, use when the forest is wet, no flying sparks, no dying embers to flare up. We also will build a real campfire if local wood is available in the surrounding woods and we want to roast tube steaks or marshmallows.

Thanks for reading. Hope to see you around the under our
Capt Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19rd, firepit