Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #1

outside kitchen and slide question

For those who have the outside kitchen. Do you load the refrigerator with soda and stuff before you go on a trip. And how does it travel. I did buy a set of those refrigerator bars for it. Second the slide the space under the table is it safe to store some stuff under the table on the slide while you travel. I know you should not step on the slide while in. I have the u shaped dinette.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #2

We ahve the outside kitchen and load drinks in it the day before to cool them down. Never had a problem with it when traveling. We also have the U dinette and store things under it in plastic containers, just make sure they are secured so they don't slide around. We kind of wedge them behind the legs of the table.

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
:USA::USA:
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #3

We load the outside fridge beforehand. We usually use a bar if it's not packed full. If it's full, it doesn't move around. We also put some things under table during transport.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #4

Thanks guys appreciate the information. Load the camper up for our first trip with it this weekend. Hope to get some pics of my setup to put online.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #5

I load mine before a trip and then use some blue painters tape on the door to make sure it stays closed. One time the fridge door had come open during travel and when I opened the outdoor kitchen up everything fell out. I haven't had any issue since I started taping the door shut.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #6

I use small adjustable curtain rods to hold the contents of the shelves, and have installed child protecting latches to keep the door closed.

Prior to this, I have opened the outside ktichen and had my fridge contents fall to the ground.

Dad of Four Girls
2011 Silverado CC 2500HD
2011 Jayflight G2 32BHDS
Dadof4Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #7

Ok am I missing something here, I was under the impression that the outside fridge ran ONLY on shore power as it is no different than any fridge that wal-mart sells right.
So assuming this is right how does it cool things down while traveling down the road while not on shore power.
olde volks place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for the tips. You plug it in a day earlier and let it get real cold for the trip.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by olde volks place View Post
Ok am I missing something here, I was under the impression that the outside fridge ran ONLY on shore power as it is no different than any fridge that wal-mart sells right.
So assuming this is right how does it cool things down while traveling down the road while not on shore power.
You are right, they only run on shore power, and no, they do not cool down while traveling down the road, however, if your fridge is cold, and your drinks etc are cold, they can easily handle an average day traveling down the road without loosing to much temperature, so long as the fridge remains closed.

The key here is to pre-chill all the contents and the fridge for at least a day prior to departure on your trip

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote