Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
I used the VIP 211 HDMI output to the Media Center TV and ran a coax from the media center to the rear bunk area. I hooked the coax on the back of the 211 to TV out coax connection. This allows you to watch the same channel on all TV's. You can add a splitter on the 211 TV out coax connection if you have additional TV's in the TT. I tried running long RGB cables from the Media Center to the rear bunk area, but it picked up some interference/noise and it affected the quality of the picture, so that is when I ran the coax back.

2013 Jayco Eagle 284BHS
250Watt Grape Solar Panel, MorningStar MPPT 60 Charge Controller
1500 Watt Ramsond PSI, 2 Trojan T145 Batteries (260Ah)
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
I'm now.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
I haven't been able to try it yet. Got swamped with work, looks like it will be tomorrow before I get to play with it.
MSU2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
Yes It is plug in outside to the Sat/Cable connections.

Gary and Meta
South Carolina
2011 Ford F150 XLT
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
glcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #15
As my wife will say, I'm addicted to my TV so when we got our new 2014 white hawk a few months ago, one of the first things I went after was the TV / Sat hookup. The jayco info leaves much to be desired and the dealer was no help. Filnally got to a tech at Jayco who sent me a drawing showing the internal coax set up. If connecting to a cable service, the outside input port will feed the cable signal thru the internal wiring to all tv's [Maintv, bedroom, and outdoors connection but you must leave the jumper loop in place. For sat, remove the loop and extract the incoming sat signal from the top connection and connect to the sat in port on the receiver. Then run the TV out from the sat receiver to the lower connection [were the loop was connected] and you will send your [same channel to all] sat picture on all your tv's. If you are connecting up a dual receiver, use a splitter off the top connection to run sat input to both sides of the receiver. Then route the "out" to tV1 directly to the main tv. Mine is right next to the input location. Connect the TV2 out to the lower port which will route the tv2 signal to the other tv's. Make sure the ant booster is off .

Like I said, most of this has to be figured out on your rig based on trial and error. Jayco design people haven't seemed to stay up to current TV technology. Soon we will have wireless [wifi] to our remote tvs and all this will be moot. In the meantime you have to be a bit of a McGiver.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
Retired Marine and Happy Camper
Using Tapatalk
nkovacsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 AM   #17
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Tailgater will only work with 1 TV....the one you have the receiver hooked up to.
You can split the HDMI signal coming out of the 211 as I have done. Or you can run HDMI to one TV and coax (SD) from the 211to another TV. As ours is set up we can watch over-air on the main, allowing the bedroom TV to view satellite. Get creative. I long ago gave up trying to use the camper's satellite port for TV. I had the phone company run our phone and internet service through it, so it doesn't go unused while we're wintering in the Eagle.

Oh, and don't forget, by adding an ac powered external hard drive to the 211 you'll have DVR!

'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote