Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

Outside shower

Hello, we recently purchase a 2014 Jayflight 19RD. It has an outside shower unit, but I can't seem to get any pressure out of it. I pretty much just dribbles. Is this common, or is there something I'm missing that needs to be done? Thanks.
iownit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #2

If you have turned on the hot ,cold or both and only have a dribble it sounds like you have to turn the lever on the shower head to get water under pressure.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:38 PM   #3

Yes, we've turned that little pressure switch open and closed. When it's open there is very little pressure. Not enough to make a spray.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

I have a pressure reduction valve in my water line. I'm wondering if the pressure is reduced too much by it.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #5

Remove the spray head from the hose and see if that helps. How is pressure at the kitchen sink.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:52 PM   #6

Pressure seems to be okay at the sink and in the inside shower. I'll see if I can get the outside sprayer apart. Must be a blockage somewhere. I though maybe it was a common design defect. I just saw on youtube that they should have a good spray. Thanks Sundancer330.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #7

They normally have pretty good pressure. Also make sure you shut off both the Hot and Cold when done otherwise the Hot will blend with the Cold and your Hot water will only be warm since it will blend in the shower control to the rest of your system.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #8

Should have checked the connections first. There are three little holes in the connection for the shower head inlet and two of them were blocked. Probably some manufacturing debris that never got washed out. Thanks for your help. Full spray now.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:11 PM   #9

Enjoy your shower.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #10

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #11

Glad you solved your problem, but this is an opportunity to say that kitchen and bathroom faucets pressure increased noticeably when I replaced them with residential units.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Glad you solved your problem, but this is an opportunity to say that kitchen and bathroom faucets pressure increased noticeably when I replaced them with residential units.
You probably increased the flow which defeats the purpose of the low flow faucets, water conservation.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #13

If you've got debris in the shower head, you might want to check the aerators on the kitchen and bath sinks, and the spray nozzle in on the kitchen sink. They may be partially plugged with debris too. Just a thought.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You probably increased the flow which defeats the purpose of the low flow faucets, water conservation.
I understand you are probably referring to dry campers that need to get the most out of their on board supply, but these were current models which are also low-flow. I'm wondering if the difference might have been partially clogged screens in those four-year-old faucets.

As an aside, what's the use of making people wait to fill their vessel? A gallon at 1 gpm or at 2 gpm is still a gallon. Those that run faucets full blast, letting water run down the drain, are fewer than those of us who just want our da&*$ bucket filled while we're still young enough to use it. The use of my well which I paid for is controlled by Denver' waterboard. I can't water a garden. That's so Denver will have plenty of water to sprinkle their boulevards and parking lots. Same for the Colorado River Watershed. Coloradans must conserve so McDonalds in Phoenix can hose down their parking lot every morning.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote