Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #21

i put a bit of graphite in my locks. I also noticed that the lip on the storage area is somtimes bent, preventing the lock from turning since that is what it actually locks to. I plan on changing them out someday, cause that only works for so long.
jrusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Does anyone have a good and reasonably priced alternative to replacing the # 751 locks with a set of locks all keyed alike? I priced a set through Granger last year and realized it would nearly be cost prohibitive to get a set of 6 or 7 keyed alike.
I replaced all my locks; I got the locks from here:
http://iss4locks.com/
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #23
Site Team

I always and still think that those lcam locks would not slow down a thief a nano-second. Even with a different key.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #24

A serious thief would not be slowed down much by a basement lock on one side of a flimsy door. But with changed locks, I'll know if someone broke into a basement and I'll keep curious kids out.

I've never had a theft issue with my RV site, never. We trust a lot when we leave our rigs unattended in a campsite, whether in a developed campground or out in the boonies. But changing the locks makes theft less convenient.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #25

Granted, locks will only keep the honest folks honest. Better locks with a key pattern other than the infamous CH751 will discourage casual thieves. Doors can be reinforced to make breaking in harder, reducing the danger of loss from more determined thieves. The damage they will cause will ensure your insurance will pay up for any damage and lost items; otherwise, if you can't prove forced entry, the insurance company may refuse the claim, claiming you didn't lock anything.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #26

What size locks do you use, I se they list a few different sizes
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #27

Quote:
What size locks do you use, I se they list a few different sizes
On my 2011 Jayco Eagle fiver, (if I recall correctly) I only had two sizes of locks to deal with; 5/8" long locks and 1 3/16" long locks. The main thing is to measure your locks and see what you need. This page had everything that I needed for my trailer: http://iss4locks.com/store/camlock_fullthreadretail.htm.

These locks are very easy to replace.