Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #21

There is only one pair of speakers in the 27 DSRL, button A for inside and button C for outside.
Evergreen9600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:58 AM   #22

We have the same problem. We have the small wedge surface mount speakers on the outside and flush mount ones on the inside. To hear any music just outside the trailer we have to double the volume from the inside. It is impossible to listen to the inside ones when the outside are on. I have thought of changing the outside speakers to the same ones (but weatherproof) as the inside. With the speakers the same I would expect the volume to be similar. On our old TT this did not seem to be such of an issue. An easier fix might be to put a separate volume control on the outside speakers, might have to investigate that.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslarson View Post
We have the same problem. We have the small wedge surface mount speakers on the outside and flush mount ones on the inside. To hear any music just outside the trailer we have to double the volume from the inside. It is impossible to listen to the inside ones when the outside are on. I have thought of changing the outside speakers to the same ones (but weatherproof) as the inside. With the speakers the same I would expect the volume to be similar. On our old TT this did not seem to be such of an issue. An easier fix might be to put a separate volume control on the outside speakers, might have to investigate that.
We have the same problem. One fix we used on our last trip was to turn off the living room speakers and run the bedroom and outside speakers only. This way we can turn up the outside speakers enough to hear without blasting out those in the living room. Since the bedroom speakers are on, those inside can still hear music too. No sleeping though.
jconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #24

Just picked up our brand new travel trailer today, Dealer pointed out in the walk thru the speakers outside are purposely quieter than inside, his explanation was that people forget they are on at night after they go in and it prevents you from bothering other campers when your listening to music/TV inside the unit.

Not sure on the explanation, but at least it verifies it seems to be a common thing even on brand new units, and they are most definitely significantly quieter.
jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:41 AM   #25

On most rv radios A & B are 25w per channel while C is only 10w. It should say so in the manual. It was the case with mine. I moved my outside speaker wires on the back of the radio to the ones that were open for B and it fixed the issue.
kdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #26

kdubb - This might be worth looking at since I have A, B & C choice and wouldn't might switching the B and C.

DW,DS,DD and Riley (Goldendoodle)
dan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #27

Mine get plenty loud, wife is often telling me to turn it down.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:31 PM   #28

I don't keep inside and outside on at same time but inside are louder at same volume setting. At 14 the outside are plenty loud but not so much as to disturb other campers.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I don't keep inside and outside on at same time but inside are louder at same volume setting. At 14 the outside are plenty loud but not so much as to disturb other campers.
Best post in here.

We do the same.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #30

Speakers

The speakers are real cheap. Not very good sound.
wildside41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:33 PM   #31

Name:  Black Sabath.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  12.3 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
but is that the responsibility of the manufacturer?

Just because i like heavy metal and my neighbor listens to that country crap is not jayco's problem.

We'll settle it with rapiers at dawn!

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:29 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ont Pete View Post
LMAF!!!

Loved it.

Personally, I consider background music one more form of personal pollution and try to be considerate of those around me.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #33

Our 26RKS has the surface mount teardrop shape speakers. They sound terrible! the flush mount speakers on our old Jay Feather 197 sounded so much better.
Jayson 197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:25 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
Nope normal.

Your ears are much further from the outside speakers than the indoor ones. Plus the walls contain the sound inside making it appear louder.
If I turn both inside and outside speakers on with only the screen door (no windows open) and the volume is at a comfortable level for inside, I can hear the inside speakers when outside more than the outside speakers when standing right by them. I do notice that the outside speakers sound "tinny" (no much bass). I have a brand new TT 24 FBS. Looking for a solution.
fillwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubb View Post
On most rv radios A & B are 25w per channel while C is only 10w. It should say so in the manual. It was the case with mine. I moved my outside speaker wires on the back of the radio to the ones that were open for B and it fixed the issue.
Worth a try!
Old 09-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #36

It is possible that since the outdoor speakers are made to be exposed to weather that they are made from different materials than the ones inside. It may take more power to move the cones if they are made from a more durable material.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:25 PM   #37

I have noticed the same thing, but read on this fourm somewhere that the outside speakers are wired to the rear speaker wires. So labor day weekend while camping in my 28 bhbe I thought I would try the fader to the rear and it worked to even the sound level out. I would try the fade first before rewireing or replacing speakers.
vw65macm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #38

We just picked up our 28DSBH over the weekend. The outside speakers put more sound into the cabinet next to the microwave than out the grill. None of the three sets are of great quality, but I wasn't expecting concert-quality. After all, we upgraded from a unit with a cassette deck, we had a low threshold for quality.
Munro519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:48 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw65macm View Post
I have noticed the same thing, but read on this fourm somewhere that the outside speakers are wired to the rear speaker wires. So labor day weekend while camping in my 28 bhbe I thought I would try the fader to the rear and it worked to even the sound level out. I would try the fade first before rewireing or replacing speakers.
Excellent! Yes, adjusting the Fade worked for me. My outside speakers are considered Rear speakers. Setting the Fade to R=2 or 3 evened the sound out. Now I can enjoy both inside and out comfortably.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #40

I have a Jensen stereo unit with A, B, and C. A is inside 2 speakers and C is outside - no second set of speakers inside for B. I replaced the inside speakers with 6 1/2" 3-way Pioneers soon after we brought our new trailer home almost 2 years ago. My outside speakers were very weak like others have said. I just completed rewiring and adding a second pair of outside speakers. I installed a volume control inside my storage bay just above my small fridge after luckily snaking the wires down (and up) the inside of the exterior wall. It controls both the weak tear-drop factory speakers, and a pair of old Dual speakers that sit on milk crates under my frame, and attach/detach in a weather-proof electric box and cover, with banana plugs. I ran the speaker wires underneath and inside pvc conduit along the I-beam. The volume of the inside speakers are controlled by the fader somewhere around R3. I may install another volume control for the inside A speakers rather than using the fader. I know - way too much work - but it sounds pretty sweet and at low volumes! I had most of the materials so it wasn't very costly.