Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #1

Outside Storage - Eagle 314BDS

I am wondering how others organize their outdoor storage cubby for the Eagle 314 with double bunkhouse. We have the outdoor kitchen, so have a very limited outdoor storage area. It's our main complaint of this camper.
Curious what others are doing for organization.
Gmyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:18 AM   #2

I have a 2013 Eagle 314BDS which is very similar to your layout and in the front storage compartment, I have 3 totes that I have for various items.

1) I use for electrical cords, adapters and the shore power cord
2) Sewer hoses, gloves and hand sanitizer
3) Water hoses, gaskets and a few minor tools

Al other items such equalizer bars, lego block, wood blocks that I place under the stab jacks all lay on the floor of the compartment.
I also placed carpet in my front compartment so I would not tear the flooring.

In the outdoor kitchen, all I have in the drawer is cooking utensils and hot pads and lighter for campfires. I do not use the outdoor stove, but if I ever do, I have the lighter and I keep the LP line in the drawer as well.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 AM   #3

This should be good to follow, I have the 314 BDS. That is the only thing I dislike about the trailer also. We use plastic storage bins also to keep supplies in. I used to be able to fit chairs and extra stuff under the bed of our old camper. We also had an extra large outside storage on the rear right of the camper. The way the front storage shares its space is not the best. Lets just say now when we go camping allot more is put into the bed of the truck. There fore when we get back from camping I have more to unload and I have an extra shelf in my garage needed for all the extra. Where with the other storage I could store more in the camper and leave it. I have the bike rack on the back that sometimes is used to haul my chairs and some gear. But that also is a pain. So please lets hear how other people with this model carry there gear. Or any other model with limited storage.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #4

I do also use the clear storage bins, but even getting them in and out is a pain with the small opening for the compartment. I've seen others use PVC Pipe to store fishing poles in, which is a great idea.

In the outdoor kitchen we seem to never have enough 'counter space' out there. I would love to have a cover for the sink similar to the sink cover inside, just haven't found one that fits yet.
Gmyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #5

REALLY, Come on Ladies and Gents, I was hoping and looking for some Not good but great ideas. Ok Ill take good. Does anyone use under the dinette seats for storage. Was going to remove the cushions and try. Has anyone how that work. So come on lets hear your creative storage problem solvers

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote