Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #1

Owner of Jayflight 29 RKS...

How do you like it ? This floorplan is really interesting to us, but the wife is a bit concerned by the rear kitchen. The damaged to the dishes and glasses while travelling is her main concern. I know many owner of RK will chime in and I thanks them for that but i would like to ear preferably from owner of this specific model 😉 we are going to Tampa Rv to take a good look at it at the price we can get in the usa versus what we can get back home in canada including ghe insane exchange rates 😒

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
Site Team

We have the Coachmen equivalent 283RKS. I think the bad rap that rear kitchen units get is over exaggerated and perhaps even a myth. I posed this very question on the FR forum and all those rear kitchen owners that responded reported NO issues with dishes flying out of cabinets, being rear heavy, or any other issues. After two outings I have seen no issues yet. We LOVE this floorplan and chose it over the rear living floorplans offered in similar length and weight trailers.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #3

We own a 29RKS - we have no problem with dishes or glasses moving around, they are all plastic, acrylic, or other lightweight unbreakable material. All of the cabinets are lined with no skid shelf liner. The pantry items (boxed foods, canned goods, spices, etc) are nested in plastic baskets. There is very little movement of our dishes in the cabinets to the left of the sink and above the sink. ( we added a shelf to the cabinet above the sink for more efficient use of that space ) The cabinet to the right of sink (the corner cabinet) is for other boxed foods, snacks, paper products, towels, plates, napkins, cups, etc. Pots and pans nest under the stove. When we get ready to go, we move the coffee maker from the counter to the right of the sink and put it in the sink. Don't know if this answers your question, but, we are very pleased with our 29RKS and have no travel issues with the rear kitchen location.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #4

Exactly what I was looking for answer thanks for your time jbrnigan , that also support the post from Crabman ...so I might bite the bullet for a 29rks and see for myself :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrnigan View Post
We own a 29RKS - we have no problem with dishes or glasses moving around, they are all plastic, acrylic, or other lightweight unbreakable material. All of the cabinets are lined with no skid shelf liner. The pantry items (boxed foods, canned goods, spices, etc) are nested in plastic baskets. There is very little movement of our dishes in the cabinets to the left of the sink and above the sink. ( we added a shelf to the cabinet above the sink for more efficient use of that space ) The cabinet to the right of sink (the corner cabinet) is for other boxed foods, snacks, paper products, towels, plates, napkins, cups, etc. Pots and pans nest under the stove. When we get ready to go, we move the coffee maker from the counter to the right of the sink and put it in the sink. Don't know if this answers your question, but, we are very pleased with our 29RKS and have no travel issues with the rear kitchen location.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #5

We have an Eagle 316RKDS, very similar. I will also report no problems with things flying around. Wife loves the counter space and the ease of using the kitchen all in one place without being in the way of anything else. Mine is nose heavy, guess she doesn't pack enough cast iron back there.
ExxWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #6

dupe post
ExxWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #7

We have the 29rks and love it. No more problems that we had with our class C. Love having all that extra counter space.
1 Grumpy person
1 Spoiled Dog
lize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #8

Well we are finnaly set for a 29RKS , we visited another one today at orlando RV and we fell in love again with the floorplan, especially all the cupboard drawer and storage space in this trailer , Orlando asked 29999.00 for it that I have to convert in canadian dollar to see whats better for us, buying in the US or buying in Canada ? Anyway Im done searching, 29RKS hard side Customer value and elite package , table and chair , hide a bed ladder roof goodyear upgrade kitchen skylight 32inch tv...what do ou think of that price ? we are not familiar with US price

Old 02-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #9

BTW thanks to all for your feedback :-)