Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2017, 06:17 AM   #1

Oxygenics Fury RV showerhead

Hey All,

A few weeks back I replaced the factory shower head with an Oxygenics FURY RV head and hose. I really like everything about it but one thing; when you turn off the water it leaks from the top of the connection to the base where you screw it on. It's almost like all of the water left in the head and hose runs back down and leaks out of the connection at the base. I tried tightening it down a bit more, made sure I had appropriately taped the threads, etc. Has anyone else every seen this problem? If so, what's the fix...

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #2

There may be a back flow preventer attached to the valve body.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:34 AM   #3

They will allow a little water to continue to run when you push the button to turn off. This is so you don't get a shocking cold moment when it's turned on. The water will be the same temperature as when you shut if off.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
They will allow a little water to continue to run when you push the button to turn off. This is so you don't get a shocking cold moment when it's turned on. The water will be the same temperature as when you shut if off.
Thanks for the response. I am aware this is a built-in function of this head. I am referring to when the water is turned completely off at the knobs.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #5

I just had our dealer install an Oxygenics shower head when we were in to have an outside speaker changed. Did not try it out after the install. Went to try it out this past weekend and the DW was not happy! When you turn on the water it shoots out the back of the connection that goes to the shower head. No water comes from the shower head. I removed the head and turned on the water and no water came from the opening. It all went out the back and down the hose. Any ideas???
Old 05-26-2017, 08:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
Hey All,

A few weeks back I replaced the factory shower head with an Oxygenics FURY RV head and hose. I really like everything about it but one thing; when you turn off the water it leaks from the top of the connection to the base where you screw it on. It's almost like all of the water left in the head and hose runs back down and leaks out of the connection at the base. I tried tightening it down a bit more, made sure I had appropriately taped the threads, etc. Has anyone else every seen this problem? If so, what's the fix...

shrp
Replace the hose

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Exquisite...&wl13=&veh=sem

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
Hey All,

shrp
From watching installs on youtube it seems to be normal for the Oxygenics, common complaint.
Angeleyes0001a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:42 AM   #8

Mines work good, I would recheck all of the connection and if it come to it get new washers.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote