Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2016, 09:48 AM   #1

Oxygenics Shower Head

I just replaced the shower head with one of these I really like it.

I have one question for anyone else who has done this mod also.

Is the a good way to get the hose to straighten out and be more flexible?

Or is it better to just buy a better more flexible one?
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #2

I bought another one, but I don't remember where I got it
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #3

Installed Oxygenics with the hose it came with - and have no problems. Think it depends on how you put it back in the holder, so try turning it different ways.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:33 AM   #4

they did have a better hose , and somewhere either here or on rv.net someone had a place the had the original hose for sale. I will see if I can find it. it is a FAR better hose found it http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...e-chrome/34900
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Installed Oxygenics with the hose it came with - and have no problems. Think it depends on how you put it back in the holder, so try turning it different ways.
X2
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 01-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #6

We installed an Oxygenics shower head a few months ago. At first I was not pleased with the hose (it sort of stayed kinked up) but after a few showers with hot water it straightened out.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #7

Must be awful difficult to keep your balance in that shower stall!
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #8

I use it as a tub with a sprinkler.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #9

It's funny you said this, those hoses are one of my pet peeves. HD and Lowes only sell one replacement and it is a plastic coated stiff hose and to top it all off barely any water comes through.
I like to actually get wet in the shower and not fight with the thing. I didn't have any luck finding a decent one separate but one day I found a closeout shower head on the shelf at HD. It was missing parts but had a great hose, so I bought it.
About a year later when I was in China I noticed there is no flow restriction on their shower heads, the hoses were great and flexible. That day I stopped at a local hardware store and they had every length you could think of. Here in the USA they limit the flow rate as well as length for safety, China... Na who cares So I bought a case of them to replace and have spares. I have replaced 3 at home, and the two on the TT.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislorl View Post
It's funny you said this, those hoses are one of my pet peeves. HD and Lowes only sell one replacement and it is a plastic coated stiff hose and to top it all off barely any water comes through.
I like to actually get wet in the shower and not fight with the thing. I didn't have any luck finding a decent one separate but one day I found a closeout shower head on the shelf at HD. It was missing parts but had a great hose, so I bought it.
About a year later when I was in China I noticed there is no flow restriction on their shower heads, the hoses were great and flexible. That day I stopped at a local hardware store and they had every length you could think of. Here in the USA they limit the flow rate as well as length for safety, China... Na who cares So I bought a case of them to replace and have spares. I have replaced 3 at home, and the two on the TT.
You bought a whole case? So you must be willing to DONATE one to your very best JOA friend from Texas right?
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislorl View Post
I don't know if you still have a local hardware store in your area (Walmart and Home Depot have driven many out of business). I had the same problem with the Oxygenics hose. Went to the local hardware store and found a very flexible hose similar to what was linked to by rjackson's post above. I think it was something like $7. VERY flexible and works great.

I realize you now have enough hoses for a lifetime, but others might try their local hardware store, or if they like to gamble, order one from Camping World.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:58 AM   #12

OP here. Thanks to everyone who replied to my question I now have a couple of options I will explore.

Thanks again to all who replied it is appreciated.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-31-2016, 07:22 PM   #13

I see a few people rave about the Oxygenics shower head. I went on Amazon.com and see several models. Can those of you with positive experiences post on which exact model you replaced it with? Thanks.
earlyretirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:08 PM   #14

We installed one of these Ecocamel Shower heads and love it. If you buy the shut off valve with it, you can shut it off when boondocking. The shut off does not seem to affect the tankless water heater either. The water comes back on at the right temperature when you turn it back on. Ecocamel Showerheads in the US
wsherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:37 PM   #15

We got the chrome version and are very happy with it. The hose straightens-out in short order and when dry-camping, we use the shut-off to minimize what goes into the gray tank.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:17 PM   #16

Buyers should note that there are actually 2 versions of the oxygenics BodySpa shown in the pictures in this thread. Once version has the 'smart pause' feature that reduces the pressure to a trickle by pushing a button. The second version has the 'comfort control' which allows adjustment to the spray.
2 distinct features depending what your interested in. More detail are available here. » Products Oxygenics
Old 01-31-2016, 10:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson View Post
they did have a better hose , and somewhere either here or on rv.net someone had a place the had the original hose for sale. I will see if I can find it. it is a FAR better hose found it RV/Marine Shower Flex Hose - Chrome - Camco 43716 - Shower - Camping World
That's looks like a good all metal hose. Thanks for posting the link!
Old 01-31-2016, 11:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
We got the chrome version and are very happy with it. The hose straightens-out in short order and when dry-camping, we use the shut-off to minimize what goes into the gray tank.
+1 love it
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #19

Great everyone! Thanks so much for the links. That always makes it easier.
earlyretirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #20

Ecocamel is the way to go, love how it works and saves water.
UpNorthMGOBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote